“Windy City”

Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Northampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I see there are some really bad reviews for this place. My friend calls it The Abyss, so you can guess what she thinks about it. But I stayed here and found it fine - the room was nice enough. Clean and well decorated - quite stylish really. Comfy too. Quiet - but that clearly depends on the part of the hotel you're in. But, I can only write about what I found myself, and I was happy enough. I only paid about £40 too - so bargain price. In all, if you're after a night's sleep in a straightforward traveller's hotel with no frills, then it does the job. If I have the misfortune to find myself in Northampton again (a horrible little town!) then I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some people say it's noisy - it wasn't for me - but I recommend asking for a quiet room!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and give us feedback regarding your stay with us.

I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Im glad you were happy with your stay with us.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for Saturday night. Room freezing cold, dirty carpet, cracked sink, shower not draining properly. Lovely view from room. Bed awful, really uncomfortable main problem was noise from nearby nightclub which seemed to go on forever. Just couldn't sleep. Complained following morning and told they were trying to do get something done about it. Bewarw

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry for the issues you experienced and confirm all maintenance issues raised are due to be resolved as part of our maintenance plan.

Jonathan Meeson

Travellers are raving about these Northampton hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is only a good place to stay if you plan to be out clubbing until 5 am, we unfortunately, went to bed at midnight and for the next 5 hours listened to the base line thumping through the room from the local nightclub....and we were on the 4th floor. Room was good and clean, parking feels secure but as I woke up on Sunday morning in a tired and nerves jangling none of that made any difference..

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary M

I am sorry for the noise from nearby club that kept you awake.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

AS expected from an Ibis, decent, clean, comfortable and clean rooms. Having stayed 2 weeks so far, have had a decent night's sleep 9/10 nights, one night while in a room above the street on Wednesday a little disturbed by noise from night club nearby until 4am (I note otehr reviewers have had similar experience) - however in the light of experience if you can get a room not on the street side of the hotel this should be avoidable. Pity to have to pay extra to park next to the hotel (£5.50 per night), but still decent value. Gym and cinema next door,(gym upstairs in the Sol centre is OK and day membership reasonably priced - there is also one at ground floor level off the car park but this looks a bit more suited to those who would consider Rambo a decent film ), and plenty of choice of restaurants locally. Will certainly be staying again during my time working inn Northampton.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, and to avoid noise from street and night club, probably best to ask for a room o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, 25 February 2014

London
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here for one night for business. Having asked for another room due to a rather noisy guest next door in my original room (309), I was given room 229 which was great at first. At 2.30am, I was woken up by screaming in the street and loud thumping music from fever nightclub on Horseshoe Street, which hosts club nights (in an insufficiently sound-proofed building it seems) on Wednesdays (10pm to 4am), Fridays (10pm to 5am) and Saturdays (10pm to 5am).
If you're staying here on any of those nights, ask for a room that faces away from Marefair and Horseshoe Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from Marefair and Horseshoe Street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry for the noise from the nearby club.