“Noisy rooms”

Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
“Noisy rooms”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I thought everything was what I expected fairly clean, nice staff, located well in town. Except in my room you could hear everything, next door I could actually hear every word of conversation. in the corridor I could hear people walking up and down and outside the outside traffic but this wasn't that bad. Other than this was delightful.

• Stayed May 2014
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and give us feedback regarding your stay with us.

Im happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but sorry that other guests were noisy.

Jonathan Meeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Dordogne, France
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Overall very good the room & bathroom/shower were clean bed comfortable good internet access, breakfast was poor. 7 am better than 9 am. at one point there was nothing left and it took ages to replenish and the staff were not busy. The Coffee was good wholemeal Bread fresh. If Breakfast had not been included I would not have bothered would have walked to a local Cafe and got better for same money.

If you want town centre then ideal, close to everything, shops Bar/Restaurants.

Shame about the Breakfast as rest of the experience was good.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th Floor room very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Im sorry that you had issues with your breakfast, but rest assured I will ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Clean, tidy but very basic room. Computer system down when I arrived at 6.00pm so confusion over payments etc. staff not overly helpful. Room cold and window broken. Breakfast very basic. Would not choose this again for a business trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Im sorry that you had issues during your and I want to assure you that they will be addressed as clearly the staff should have been more helpfulduring your stay.

Jonathan Meeson

Travellers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a double room at this hotel on bank holiday Sunday. Man on reception was really quick and friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor and was a double, bed was standard but comfortable, only one pillow each but they were quite large and it said you could request more. Tv was small and wasn't too good but had the standard channels. Bathroom was clean, had a nice big mirror and a double shower cubicle although the shower head wasn't a fixed one and it was a bit leaky but nothing major. My biggest problem was the arm on the door that stopped it from slamming was broken so it slammed- only found this out at 2am and felt bad on the other guests! Best thing about the hotel was the lovely view across Northampton... Also the price- was more than i'd hoped for £45 a night! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

I appreciate all feedback that we receive from out guests, whether its is positive or negative to ensure that we provide the best level of service and facilities to our guests. I am glad tohear you were happy with your stay and I just wanted to confirm new televisions are due shortly with many more channels.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

While it's definitely a hotel room, and a clean one, there's much left to be desired.
It's probably more equipped for staying in after a night out, rather than a few days on business.

The TV had a system to play music through from your phone but it didn't work.
I had to request more hangers as there was only one in the wardrobe.
No iron in the bedroom, but a single one for the floor at the end of the corridor. It didn't have a steam option, but reception managed to find me one that did.
The WiFi was free, but it wasn't a usable speed.
I was told there was a gym on the 4th floor but I couldn't see it. I'd been told it was £5 to use anyway.
Breakfast was absolutely packed - an uncomfortable experience. I wanted some scrambled eggs but they looked fairly off-putting.

Overall, a poor experience. To their credit, the staff were polite and helpful. I doubt I'd stay here again though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, 28 April 2014

Im sorry that you had issues during your and I want to assure you that they will be addressed.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Prices advertised online ranged around £49, got charged £82 plus car parking when we arrived off the street. One of two lifts weren't working, hair dryer broken and TV didn't work. Lots of street noise but complimented by a comfortable bed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Im sorry that you had issues during your stay but Im glad that you found the bed comfortable.