Stayed here for three nights before going to Silverstone on the Sunday. For sat-nav users, ignore the directions and take the third exit off the roundabout in front of the Carlsberg brewery. Turn left at the set of lights past the hotel and the car park is on your left. Aim for the bottom level. It's clearly marked as you go in.
Check-in was very swift and easy, with clear instructions on how the lift works. (with the key card). A bit strange but the hotel occupies the same site as an entertainment complex, so only residents of the hotel can access the room floors.
Found the room to be the usual Ibis standard, clean, light and well equipped with tea/coffee making, and hair-dryer. If you require anything else, all you have to do is ask, which includes the loan of a fan, as this hotel is well insulated, and therefore hot! A room facing the road is usually noisy (as this was), but the others are probably quieter. Did not find this a problem,
even with the window open.
Opted for the all you can eat breakfast buffet, which at £7.99 is dearer than the eateries around, but is quite good value for a stuffing! It's a buffet style, so you can help yourself to as much as you like. It has cooked, continental, cereal fruit etc. Dining room is kept clean by the staff, very quickly. The tea/coffee machine is best suited for coffee, as the water is not quite hot enough for the tea.
If you put the "do not disturb" sign on your door, clean towels and sundries will be left in a bag on your door handle. As found with other hotels in this chain, the bar and menu prices are just a bit short of extortion, this may be classed as a "captive" audience, but other establishments including this one have competition within a few minutes' walk. Nothing wrong with what is on offer, i.e. a well stocked bar and a good choice of meals, but in my opinion, severely over-priced (you can get two meals and two drinks for less than £15 at one of the local pubs), and as the budget part of the chain, surely they should be cheaper. "The carlsberg brewery is 5 minutes away, and the pubs charge £2.20 for a pint! This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Northampton and the surrounding areas, including Silverstone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Northampton Centre is conveniently located in Northampton Town Centre, just five minutes walk from the train station, and less than ten miles from the M1 Motorway. The hotel offers 151 comfortably appointed rooms with en-suite bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, and high-speed internet access. The hot buffet breakfast is served from 6:30am – 10am daily and the café bar serves hot meals 24 hours a day. Located in the ‘Sol Central’ complex the hotel is in the heart of the town with a cinema, gym and restaurants next door. Guests can workout or relax in the Topnotch health club above the hotel for just £5 per person. Sol Central also offers secure parking with direct access to the hotel for only £5.50 per day for hotel residents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Hotel Northampton Centre
- Ibis Northampton
- Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre Northamptonshire