“Look for £42 per night including breakfast what good value.....”

Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Look for £42 per night including breakfast on a Tuesday night in August this was good value.

Reception was not the friendliest I have experienced having stayed at many hotels over the years, and the walk to the room was pretty long (a personal pet hate). However, room was one of ethd sabled rooms (356), very spacious with connecting door if you needed this option.

Breakfast was average but hey great value. Plus they have free papers. Agree the obsession with doing the right thing by the rules was evident when one chap at breakfast got a bit upset as he is always told he has to pay for breakfast when it is in his rate.

If service had been friendly on reception and chap had not had the issue I saw above would have rated excellent.

Told not to stay here at a weekend if you need your sleep as evidently can be noisy, not an issue for me when I stayed.

Room Tip: Room 356 is spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre

Reviewed 22 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having staying in an IBIS chain hotel before I was expecting the same comparable level of standards. However although the stay was overall good. There were a few elements that need attention.

Breakfast.
Having taken advantage of the breakfast service I was disappointed to find that the white bread for toasting "had ran out" this was at 9.30am I was informed that the delivery for that morning hadn't arrived yet. Judging by the amount of yogurts and other breakfast items remaining I couldn't see how just white bread had been the only thing that had ran out. Ok I guess these things can happen. But when you have a supermarket selling break only 2 minutes walk away how much would it take to ask someone to pop out to get a few loafs in for the remainder of the breakfast session and also accommodate anyone asking for any food items which required white bread as the key ingredient. Also Bacon is best enjoyed fried and not oven cooked in my opinion. and plates should only start to be taken away from the serving area after serving time has passed and not before. As I found to my amazement when one of the staff started taking items away with 15 minutes to go.

Do not disturb.
Around the hotel there are plenty of signs which ask for consideration for keeping noise levels to a minimum for other hotel guests as well as providing the Do not disturb signs to pop on doors. However it seems that this rule doesn't apply to the housekeeping staff. Who obviously have a job to do but totally disregard why some people may have DND signs on their doors. Its not just a case of not going into that room but just maybe the person had been working till the early hours and would like to enjoy a peaceful rest. Housekeeping staff take advantage of whistling loudly or enjoying chat and banter to other staff in the corridors and turning up the volume on the music channels in the empty rooms. Suffice to say this was the point where I have decided I will not be staying here again.

Food and Drink
Tea and coffee was served via a behind counter vending machine which for £2.30 for a cup of hot water and a teabag was I thought too much at first. until I found that later that they charge extortionate amounts for alcohol. So any pre night out drinks I advise you go somewhere else unless you have a few bob to spare.

Night porter doesn't seem to be available to open the door after 11pm. having felt the need for a quick takeaway I decided to pop out to the local shops. I waited near on 25 minutes pressing the bell countless times to get back in the hotel. My food was cold at this time so was a wasted journey and ruined meal. Having commented to another person who was also waiting with me at the time. They advised that this is a common occurrence having themselves also noted this over the week they were staying there.

so ultimately. could be better in parts. but hey?

Room Tip: Ask for room on 4th floor at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LiamB1978

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and give us feedback regarding your stay with us.

I appreciate this feedback, whether its is positive or negative as it helps us provide the best level of service and facilities to our guests.

I will take you feedback back to the relevent members of management to ensure that we address the issues that you have raised.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Rude staff, especially the female staff. More worried about "the rules than what is right". I have stayed several times before and the staff was very helpful. Whoever is the manager now is missing the mark. I recommend the park inn anytime. I am use to the customer is right. But instead I would like to a glass to my room is a big NO. Pillows are like bricks.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have stayed here alot of times and its hit or miss. I had a quiet stay this time especially as one of nights was a Friday and it can be noisy with revellers coming back to their rooms. I always ask for a top floor back room due to club across the road.Room was clean and tidy and staff were friendly and helpful.Ideal for train and buses and town centre. Good stay this time

• Stayed: August 2014

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay with us and Im happy to see you enjoyed your stay.

As you mention Friday and Saturday nights can occasionally be noisy due to the type of clientel we have on those nights. To prevent this being an issue we employ security to manage the front door as revellers return, to calm down any noisy guests and to then do walk arounds over night along the corridors to ensure everyone goes to sleep.

Many thanks again.