All reviewstrain stationgood sizeno air condouble roomwould stay againone night stayexcellent value for moneycomfy bed
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Stayed here recently for a business visit for one night. Its centrally located on a busy junction and 10mins walk from the Train station. Overnight parking available nearby for £2.50. Rooms were of adequate size. Good facilities. There is an ironing area on each floor if the hotel. The bathroom had a large shower with good water pressure. The Wi-Fi is ok and consistent and mobile signal is dependent on areas of the hotel and which floor you are on.

The room was ok and bed reasonably comfortable. Breakfast was very limited and not as good as other budget hotesl so IBIS need to improve on this. The staff were ok and helpful where needed.

You have to remember that this is basically a 2* hotel, which is odd to provide the limited offering in a modern high rise development which is centrally located and really could offer so much more if better facilities were provided in the room along with decor.

Maybe IBIS are missing a trick here, not sure I would use this again if visiting Northampton.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be better.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a good experience at this Hotel. You do get what you pay for right however the experience from start to finish was an excellent one due to the ease of stay, staff friendliness & cleanliness of our room. Quite a few years ago, I used to stay quite a bit in hotels as a job, for a large budget chain and luxury hotels so I d understand about purpose built, business and leisure stays. For me, this want a weekend break venue however for a functinal stay, it couldnt be faulted. Value was excellent with a set price for an excellent breakfast & eat as much as you want! The bed had a super comfy topper on it too. It was only residents that let this hotel down when I found left over chicken in a box in the lift on my return from my night out

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear traceywN2190XC,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Northampton Centre.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Good points

bed quite comfy

Bad points

dated rooms
Lobby been painted on second floor very strong paint smell
slow service
cold breakfast ( and this was at 0630 in morning so should of all been piping hot )

Stayed 2 nights first night £ 49 second £ 99 first nights costs was probably right

Was booked for me by office but told them not to book me again much better in area

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank paul m

Dear paul m,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Northampton Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem regarding our breakfast service and prevent future occurrence.

Faris T

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Good hotel, 5 minute walk from train station, 5 min walk from town centre. Lots of takeaways, restaurants, food shops and off licence just outside also a gym and cinema a couple minutes away. Good and convenient location

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth D

Dear Elizabeth D,

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Don't expect 5 star luxury if you stay here. The hotel is well located and easy to find. I didn't see any signs for the car park but I found it easily enough. The lobby is basic but check-in was smooth. On exiting the lift on the floor where my room was I noticed some stains on the hall carpet. On entering the room I noticed more stains on the carpet and stains on the curtains. The room was basic, the towels were poor quality but the bed was comfortable and the room was warm enough. Soundproofing isn't great, I could hear the conversation next door were having!

The room was inexpensive and well located in the town centre. If you want a quality hotel experience then book somewhere else but I was happy enough this hotel for the price I paid and I had a good sleep

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business