“Boyzone concert”

Delapre Abbey
Ranked #17 of 62 things to do in Northampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The beautiful Grade II* Listed Delapre Abbey, just one mile from Northampton town centre, is entering an exciting new phase in its history. Following the success of a Heritage Lottery Fund application in 2013, a £6.3 million project is underway to repair and restore this previously listed "Building At Risk". The Delapre Abbey Preservation Trust is working with Northampton Borough Council to involve the community and volunteers in the restoration project and will then manage and operate the Abbey for the benefit of the public. The Abbey will be opening its doors to visitors for the first time in its 900 year history in spring 2017, with The Trust managing the building as a fantastic historic venue for local, national and even international visitors.
Northants
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Boyzone concert”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went here for the recent Boyzone concert! Not been to Delapre before but it seemed all well organised and a beautiful setting, will definitely be coming back for any more events like this!

1 Thank Treacletart22

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“History. To read!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Again another favourite for me I love the history of the Abbey,and always find I bit more about the place,nice walks in surrounds and yet so close to the town,a pleasant tea shop as well..

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jude045
Crowbororough
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Battle of Northampton re-enactment”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Visited taking dogs for walk and found a lovely tea room with outside seating run by volunteers at very reasonable prices. A re-enactment event of one of the wars of the roses was taking place on the day we visited - a small scale event but interesting none the less.

1 Thank NineofWands
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A gem of a find!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited with my husband, my daughter, my Mum, and my brother, who was on a visit from America. We had tea and cake at the tearoom on our arrival. The weather was glorious so we sat in the walled garden. The staff were friendly and helpful, the cakes homemade and utterly delicious! We wandered around the grounds, through the trees and around the lake. So peaceful, despite the main road across the lake! Then we returned to the tea room for lunch. Four of us had sandwiches; lovely bread and generous fillings. The fifth member of the party, my Mum, was still full from the earlier tea and cake, but the waitress suggested an ice cream or ice lolly! It was rather warm so Mum opted for a lolly! We noted that a planning application had been made to develop some of the outbuildings into shop units. A further attraction to draw visitors in ....I hope it doesn't spoil the overall ambiance of this lovely place.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 57Nellie
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The best tea and cake in Northampton”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I am very fortunate to have the best tea rooms and walled garden at the end of my street. The cream tea's are a true delight, the staff are amazing and I would highly recommend a visit.

1 Thank Iron I