“Always good food ”

Imran Balti Hut
Ranked #334 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Always good food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We have a take out from here every week . On the odd occasion when we have tried somewhere else we have always been disappointed . Food is excellent here ,you get good portions and a quality meal at a great price . It's our Saturday night treat . Whenever I have family to visit they always request an Imrans . I think it's a fantastic little restaurant second to none in Northampton on the Indian food scale .

1 Thank Sally B

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lamb and Chicken sizzeler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This relatively small eating place is always welcoming and you have the opportunity to take your own wine for s small corkage fee.The latest visit was with friends, a regular get together.The place is very busy and you should consider booking if you are eating after 730pm. ore importantly at weekends. Food excellent very hot and well cooked.The selection available is huge.

• Visited April 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Prices going up, but still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We have been eating here for many years and still enjoy it very much. They have cleaned up the restaurant over that time and seem to be pushing up the prices a little to match, but I believe that it is still good value.

The staff are all very friendly and the restaurant always seems busy, which is also a good sign. The food is always tasty and the portions seem very large (we always end up with more than we can actually eat)

Though they are licensed to sell drinks, they welcome you bringing your own as well (and there is a handy Co-op across the road if you forget).

• Visited March 2014
“rock bottom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have been going to the Imran Balti Hut on and off for a number of years, however they seem to have hit rock bottom. Four of us went for dinner all the chicken breast was dry because it was over cooked, l guess partly due to the size of the chicken pieces, they were so small l am surprised they even got tandoor skewer though it! I can remember when they used to serve big juicy pieces of chicken. Even the service has gone down hill our order was taken by a miserable waiter who really did not have the time of day for us and while l am having a rant you can see directly into the kitchen where their was a guy handling food wearing a hoodie did not look good. So we will be calling it a day at the Imran Balti

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank gailandchris
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Myself and my partner ate here recently and I have to say I felt completely ripped off, we had two chicken madras, two pilau rice, 3 popadoms a plain small nan bread and two cokes, the total cost was £42.00, As I felt put on the spot I did not query this at the time and just paid it, they had taken our menus away after we ordered so we were unable to check ourselves. I did however phone the next day and asked "if I want to eat in your restaurant tonight and order these meals (echoing what id had the night before) how much would it be" Surprise, surprise it was £15.00 cheaper than we had paid, I asked why they had over charged me however they said they were unsure and would give me the difference off my next bill, like I was going to eat in there again.

Also, another thing that took me by surprise was when the waiter brought the card machine over to pay he actually asked us what our pin number was so that he could enter it without us even checking the bill!!! don't think so mate.

The food overall was not too bad, too overpriced for what it is and I would urge all future customers to keep hold of the menu and don't let them remove it until your bill arrives so that you can check your amount is correct.

I believe they were also charging us per table visit or some sort of service charge.

Lastly, a quick tip, a lot of Indians will let you take your own drinks/alcohol, grab a bottle of wine or a couple of cans of beer and take them yourself, a lot of Indian restaurants make their money on drinks. We usually order a jug of tap water (due to the spicy curry)!!

• Visited March 2013