“Excellent”

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a great day out at Stanwick Lakes with our family who had travelled down from the Lake District.
Food and staff in the restaurant were excellent.
My young nieces and nephews thoroughly enjoyed using the outdoor activities.
I noticed on another review someone had commented on the bikes for hire,we found these to be ok
and the hire shop is not run by Stanwick Lakes.
A great place and a very cost effective day out for all of the family and would highly recommend.

Visited May 2014
Scott L, Marketing and Events Co-ordinator at Stanwick Lakes, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks a lot for the review, I'm glad the whole family enjoyed their day out, and we can only hope they will all want to come back again!

• Slovak first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Appalling”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although the place itself is lovely for children, the cycle hire centre not so much. The bikes were very poorly maintained (on my father's bike a stand got inside of the back wheel and broke off, luckily no accident caused) and this was the bike my two year old was attached to. My mother's seat had to be adjusted no end of times as it wouldn't stay in the required position. There were other bikes that had visible issues we refused to ride. The most shocking was the staff behaviour not only this lady had absolutely no clue about bikes but she was extremely rude and aggressive. Because I dared to show concern about the bikes we hired I got shouted at not to ever come back and I was THROWN money at me that landed on the grass. This was completely unprofessional and unnecessary.

1 Thank Adela W
Scott L, Marketing and Events Co-ordinator at Stanwick Lakes, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
AJ bikes is a franchise at Stanwick Lakes and we genuinely aim to offer excellent customer service; for example our bikes are carefully checked before they are hired out and are regularly serviced. We hire out thousands of bikes every year and many of our customers return time and again, so we are only sorry that you feel you had a bad experience.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day with our grandsons”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fabulous day out at Stanwick Lakes with our two grandsons today, age 3 and 6, aunty and uncle came along too, lovely warm sunny day, took a picnic, boys loved it, the water, sand and all the climbing, took a change of clothes, towels, plenty to eat and drink, stayed the whole day, just £3.00 for parking and no other cost except for 'ice-cream' optional :), loved it, will recommend to everyone I know, the majority of the reviews are excellent, I cannot understand the reviews that people have added to say they were disappointed

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went for Groupon deal. The food was very good and views spectacular. Snadwiches a little dry but scones and cake delicious.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Gillian C
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stanwick Lakes”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

An excellent location, well worth a visit. The grandchildren loved the bike rides. Even the 14 year old loved messing around in the playgrounds. Three pounds car parking fee is well worth it.