“Value & Taste all rolled into one”

Imperial Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 563 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This used to be called The New Imperial Oriental Restaurant but their business card reads just Imperial Oriental Restaurant. (Visited 2 wks ago). They have an e-mail site: Imperialoriental@hotmail.com and their phone number is 01604 627111 / 621211
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Looked at all the choices available in Northampton town centre and decided to go to the Imperial.
Two lunch menu's on offer plus the main menu if you'd like it.
Give that the set menu's are such good value I'd say go for those, starters, soup and mains all for around £8 or £11 to include duck.
Give that its a buffet but the food is cooked fresh and brought to your table, you can't knock the value or the great taste.
Given that Aroma & Fusion plus other have all gone the way of the Dodo and the Imperial is still going strong after all these years, proves that they can provide the goods.
Would recommend this to anyone, especially any Wok Inn customers, come see how the food and service should be done.

1  Thank Ken O O

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Ive lived in the area for 13 years and only found thus place a few weeks ago!.
Great fresh cooked Chinese served in a pleasant environment at reasonable cost...what more can you ask for???

1  Thank Cas194
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Contrary to some of the other reviews here, my last dining experience on Saturday and following the rugby, was excellent. we were running late and so i called to let them know and this was no problem. When we finally arrived the place was full but our table was waiting for us. The food as ever was excellent. the variety on offer, for example, over the Wok Inn, is massive and there has to be something there for everyone with so many regions of Asia covered. We especially love the starters with all of the little bits of fried spring onion and garlic to pick at. the duck is fab and the mains are wonderful. I live about 45 minutes away and so it is not always easy to get in to Northampton but if it's Chinese and it's Northampton, it has to be the Imperial Oriental every time. Great food, very good service and a decent price.

2  Thank rawe06
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Ok I feel quite sad about this to be honest, having been a faithful diner here 1-2 times a month after the Wok Inn changed hands and became terrible, but it's over!
Came here tonight and were the only diners. Service was non existent and I kept having to ask the waiters to come over. The noodles were swimming in oil with a lovely pool at the bottom of the dish. Utterly inedible and the prawn crackers stale. Even worse was when I told the loud gum chewing youth he told me they had no fresh crackers!
Then proceeded to charge me and question me when I said I wasn't paying for the noodles. Told him that his customer service had also been rubbish to which he shrugged and chewed his way off into the sunset! Bye imperial only tolerated your terribly decorated zero atmospheric hovel cos I loved the squid. At least I might lose weight now!

6  Thank Queenraf
Reviewed 16 November 2013

we had a meal for a works leaving party and it was the worst customer service I had ever received. There were two options for eating. A all you can eat menu for £17 or a A La Carte. Our table opted for the all you can eat apart from myself as I had various dietary issues. I explained this and asked for the a la carte. This request was refused based on the fact that I may help myself to the buffet food that would be brought out to the rest of the table. My reply was that I could not eat various foods and that if I could not order what I want I would not be eating anything all night. The waitress then asked what I wanted in a rude manner. I was then ignored for the rest of the night by the staff, not once asking if I wanted to eat anything else or if they could help. I had to wait an hour for my main. This treatment was so disappointing, I had never felt so unwanted in a restaurant. It should be pointed out that the rest of the table spent around £200 so my request could have been accommodated with more respect. A restaurant I would not recommend to anyone.

4  Thank H4MNC