Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We are a hot air balloon team and we were attending the Northampton Balloon fiesta. On arrival we were greeted by Olwyn who was delightful and made us feel totally at home.

The rooms were clean and tidy and were beautifully air conditioned, ideal for the weather we had this weekend 30 degrees. Bed was just great for me and one of the best I have slept in for a long time.

Breakfast was limited as I do love a big fat fry up whilst away, even so, sausage, scramble and beans and toast was just the job. Loads of the healthy stuff too, cereal, fruit and that sort of thing.

I see the complaints about the toilets, come on not rocket science if the toilet runs, just touch the flush until it stops. Thats what I did. Design fault? Probably, but look at the make of sanitary wear, one of the most expensive German makes on the market, no expense spared by the hotel and I bet the company who manufactured the flush system are aware of this problem and will resolve it.

Second night my partner arrived with the two children, again we were accommodated, without question or fuss. And for dog lovers they even let Fido stay for free as long as they are well behaved.

Thanks again to all the staff especially Olwyn and Joanna who treated us like kings for scallywag prices

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night on route to silverstone racing circuit. I found the staff and room to be lovely they had even made up the sofa bed for us, my husband tho is a light sleeper and found the noise from the air conditioning a pain as well as the constant dribbling from the toilet. I enjoyed the breakfast although very basic but again my husband didn't. I would stay at this hotel again but my husband proberbly wouldn't. To be honest slightly expensive compaired to premiere inn or the travelodge, with the only difference being you get breakfast included.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bridget S
Norfolk, England
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Our stay started very promising. After a fantastic day at Silverstone it was just a short hop to our chosen Holiday Inn for one night's stay. The reception area was bright and we had a pleasant welcome from the reception lady. I thought it a bit strange that they could not offer a restaurant service on a Saturday evening but the Harvester was just next door.
When we got to our room everything looked OK - we just dropped our bags, spent a quick penny (The toilet roll holder fell to pieces as soon as I touched it - but I could live with that for one night). After we had been fed and watered we returned to our room. The TV had two annoying lines running straight through the screen, but it was only for one night. I was a bit disconcerted when I noticed my foot sticking to the carpet - that was OK with trainers on but it wasn't very nice barefooted. It appears as though someone had spilt something very tacky onto the floor, not just in one spot but spread all over the carpet. In a certain light you could see the marks covering the main floor area. The carpet needs a thorough cleaning.
However, the worst thing was the toilet - it would not stop pouring water into the bowl. You got a brief respite once you had flushed but as soon as the tank had filled up it started all over again. It didn't seem that loud to start with but in the middle of the night it sounded like you were sleeping next to Niagara Falls. Not a lot of sleep to be had.
Breakfast was just a typical help your self affair and for the money I guess it was OK but we have had better.
At least we were only there for one night. When we checked out the receptionist told us we should have given the toilet 'a bash'. If that's their attitude to maintenance at the hotel then I'm not surpirsed there were so many things wrong with room 307. If they offer you that room then please just ask for an alternative.
I hope you get a better night's rest than we did.

Room Tip: Dont have room 307
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kazzey
AWaterfield, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for your comments with regards to your stay with us. Firstly, as a valued guest, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We use all our guest comments constructively to improve the quality and the standards of service within the hotel.

With relation to your comments regarding the maintenance and cleanliness of the hotel, I apologise that you experienced problems within your room. I can reassure you that this is not a normal occurrence. We take the quality and upkeep of our hotel very seriously. As with the nature of hotels, problems do arise, however we do aim to resolve all issues quickly and with minimal discomfort to the guest. All comments have been directed to the Maintenance Manager and Housekeeper Manager respectively, to ensure that in the future these issues do not arise again.

With regards to your check out experience, I would like to apologise that the response was less than satisfactory and be rest assured that the hotel has a training plan in place to ensure that all staff members are able to respond to all enquiries promptly and continue to deliver the excellent customer service you would expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand.

I assure you I will take your comments on board and once again I apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and trust you will continue to use Holiday Inn Express Northampton in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Had a fantastic weekend at this hotel. Friendly staff and brilliant service.Just perfect! Great value and good location for our visit. Room was very clean and comfortable, And the kids enjoyed the breakfast. An all round great service and will come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feed back, it is always nice to hear from our valued guest.

Looking forward to welcomimg you in the future.
Reviewed 31 July 2012

yass is a brilliant host! 1st class! What a great person to be about,so friendly and attentive,a great asset to the franchíse! Will definitly be coming back again thats for sure you can be sure of that!!

• Stayed July 2012
comrie
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just perfect! Great value and good location for our visit to Silverstone racing circuit. Very difficult to beat from any angle. Good parking and fairly good local restaurants. It suited our needs perfectly.

Breakfast is basic (ish) but fair & we enjoyed the fresh fruit available. Very nice.

Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed over for one night as attending function at Milton Keynes Bowl. Cost was £49.99 for a twin room, compared to £100's in milton keynes. Cab to station was £10, train to MK was £8 so saved ourselves alot of money.

We arrived early and didnt have to pay extra to check in early. Room was very clean and comfortable, unlike other hotels of this type. Staff on reception were very helpful and couldnt do enough (even kept the bar open until early hours)

Breakfast was included, again unlike other hotels of this type. It was basic with just sausages and beans, but all fresh and tasty

Would definately stay here again if going to MK bowl again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends