“Excellent dining experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My friend and I chose this hotel for a 2 nights B&B with dinner offer and we were not disappointed. The room / bathroom was well furnished and clean , as was the rest of the hotel , including the pool . The restaurant was very modern and the food and service excellent , especially as I am a Coeliac , both the waiter and the chef went to lengths to accommodate this . The town centre is only a 5minute drive away . We are hoping this hotel has another offer soon as we would definitely return .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
liverpool
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a long time due to work comitments.Nothing was too much trouble and when you stay for a long time,anything that is done to make ones long term stay as pleasant as possible.Food was very good and if something wasn,t on the menu then the chef would oblige.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank clooney001
Atlanta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms/2 nights. Would have given a 5 but did not appreciate lack of room upgrade when clearly there were some available. The people in our 2nd room were upgraded within 10 minutes of checking in due to a room mixup but we were told we could not be upgraded because hotel was full. This was the first Marriott that did not issue an automatic room upgrade on our trip. Aside from that minor but disappointing isssue, everything else was very good. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The beds were great and meals nearly better. There were outdoor areas to sit and have a cocktail. There was a wedding our first evening but we never heard any noise. We found a a variety trails right off the property so got some good hiking time. Found reception to be very helpful through remainder of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stay here for business regularly and its a convenient location with a good standard of room for a very good price

I had a bit of a nightmare when I needed to tell them I was ill and so wouldn't be making night one of my toe night stay ... An easy task you'd think but oh no I was told data privacy prevented them from disclosing anything to me.... I kid you not !!! Eventually I was transferred to the lady on reception who looked me up and sorted me out. Their privacy explanation made no sense to me !

I've had to feedback about my room service being cold and fair enough the food was hot tonight

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Martina W
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were celebrating our 12yr wedding anniversary so choose to stay here. On arrival we were greeted with friendly and helpful staff. They even stored my almond milk in their fridge and gave me some when ever I wanted it.

The room was clean and spacious, the queen bed was massive and comfortable. We took a look around the facilities such as the swimming pool, sauna and gym and we were impressed at the cleanliness and nice atmosphere. All the staff throughout our stay including the guest were all very friendly. Everyone had a smile on their face and everyone we passed said hello.

The breakfast was nice, they have alot of choses and are more than willing to make things if they do not have it.

Overall I have to give it 5 stars. I have no complaints and would happily stay there again and would also recommend people to stay here. It's 10mins away from town centre which is convenient.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brownsuga1308
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this on a whim while traveling to Northampton and needing to stay somewhere.

The hotel was easy to book online while travelling there.

Easy booking in on arrival.

The room was comfortable with all that you'd want, towels, tea making, shower gels/soaps etc.

The hotel is right in the centre of Northampton so an easy walk in.

Overall good stuff.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Richard F
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Recently stayed here for the night. Receptionists were very pleasant and the room was comfy. The gym and spa facilities were perfect for a nice relax after a hard days work. Room service was excellent and breakfast in the morning was just right. All in all a good stay and will stay with Marriott again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple