“Delightful on so many levels.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 60 things to do in Northampton
Leicester, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Delightful on so many levels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I've visited many times and intend to return. The gardens are beautiful and well-kept by serious gardeners under the direction of a plantswoman through and through. I've attended many courses there and they have all been worthwhile, well organised and with an excellent lunch too. The food is terrific so we always have coffe or tea when we go to buy too many of their very healthy plants, most grown in their own nursery beds. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2011

• Polish first
Midlands
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

These are not the best gardens to visit with a small mobility scooter but all the effort and muddy wheels was well worth the effort. We started with a little light lunch in the stable yard. The setting is quintessentially English, the service quick and efficient, the food a high quality and reasonably priced.

The formal gardens are well laid out, very well maintained and full of interesting ideas. The inclusion of some very fancy chickens, flamingos and ducks added an extra dimension to the gardens and kept one amused while taking in the beauty of the landscape.

Even though the gardens were quite busy as there was a coach party visiting while we were there, they are sufficiently large for this not to be a problem. There were plenty of quiet corners were you could find some solitude. For myself the wild flower medow was the highlight of the gardens. Its a long time since I have been able to stand in a field full of the sound of bees feeding on the pollen of thousands of flowers.

There is also a small but well stocked plant centre with many you only find in specialist garden centres.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Dexx
Nottingham, United Kingdom
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Wonderful Garden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

So tasteful, so beautiful, so English. A really special place. I love the honey-coloured stone house, the summerhouse. The herbaceous and other flower borders, the pots and the plants for sale are all of the highest standard. All the plants I brought home have grown well in my garden. I also like the pigs, and the flamingoes! The courtyard is lovely and the lunches and teas really good. The parrot is great! I really love this place. I have been twice now and shall go again.

Visited June 2012