“Delightful!”

Ranked #55 of 533 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Public House, serving fresh food from Noon until 9pm. Sunday until 6pm. Private dining available & large parties our specialty. Private hire rooms available. 180 Seater courtyard with heaters. Booking advised but not essential.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Came with a group of 23 for a family meal and we were all amazed by the outstanding service! Food was delicious, and drinks came quickly and just as we wanted them! Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank livmarr7
There are newer reviews for The Old White Hart

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent tasty food, very well presented. I can recommend the scallops to start - extremely well cooked and a great variety of flavours. I had the daily special duck for main which was also very nice. Good portion sizes. Definitely the best food I have eaten in Northampton. The food my colleagues had was equally good.

Only slight let down was the atmosphere, but it was a mid-week evening. I think if the tables were set before seating and the interior matched the high standards of the food, this would be a 5*.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had Sunday lunch here today and were a party of 11 with lots of children of different ages. We sat outside in the patio and enjoyed the sunshine. We had a lovely time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food and found it very good, definitely above average for a pub. The staff was very nice and accommodating and we didn't have to wait long for either mains or desserts.
The only negative was that they didn't clear the tables after the main course so when the desserts came there was no space on the tables.
Other than that I would give this restaurant 5 stars for quality vs price ratio.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Excellent lunch with my wife today. Delicious food, good service, nice decor and pleasant background music.
I thoroughly recommend this place.
I had been looking for somewhere different for lunch, and for the first time ever, used TripAdvisor on my mobile phone. The Old White Hart showed up high in the rankings for Northampton (about 20 miles from home).
I had the rabbit main course, followed by orange crème caramel, and my wife had the pork belly with cracking, and was too full to manage dessert. We both very much enjoyed the food and great service, and will definitely be going back soon to try other menu options.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food was amazing, especially the scallops! Special dietary needs were catered for and the service was brilliant, polite, friendly, helpful & prompt. I liked the fact that much of the food was locally sourced and the dishes were beautifully presented with generous portion sizes. The value for money was outstanding. This was our first visit; it will certainly not be our last.