“first rate restaurant in northampton”
Review of The Old White Hart

The Old White Hart
Ranked #51 of 533 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Public House, serving fresh food from Noon until 9pm. Sunday until 6pm. Private dining available & large parties our specialty. Private hire rooms available. 180 Seater courtyard with heaters. Booking advised but not essential.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I (23 of us in all) descended upon The Old White Hart one Sunday lunch time recently the food was superb all of us being served at the same time. It was beautifully presented of a very high standard The staff were extremely efficient and friendly, and the value was exceptional.Looking.. forward to our next visit

There are newer reviews for The Old White Hart

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I came with a group of 23 today (including 6 children, which the meals were made to a child's portion) the members of staff were incredible, they made sure we had everything we wanted. Everything we asked for (drinks, extra stuff for food) was with us in minutes! I would love everyone to go to The Old White Hart and try the food as it's amazing! We all had a lovely meal, everyone mentioned to the staff to say thank you to the chefs! The place was busy but we were looked after so well by all staff! We were deeply satisfied with our food, well done to all staff at the old white hart, we will be back soon.

1  Thank Beki_0
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Came with a group of 23 for a family meal and we were all amazed by the outstanding service! Food was delicious, and drinks came quickly and just as we wanted them! Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank livmarr7
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent tasty food, very well presented. I can recommend the scallops to start - extremely well cooked and a great variety of flavours. I had the daily special duck for main which was also very nice. Good portion sizes. Definitely the best food I have eaten in Northampton. The food my colleagues had was equally good.

Only slight let down was the atmosphere, but it was a mid-week evening. I think if the tables were set before seating and the interior matched the high standards of the food, this would be a 5*.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had Sunday lunch here today and were a party of 11 with lots of children of different ages. We sat outside in the patio and enjoyed the sunshine. We had a lovely time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food and found it very good, definitely above average for a pub. The staff was very nice and accommodating and we didn't have to wait long for either mains or desserts.
The only negative was that they didn't clear the tables after the main course so when the desserts came there was no space on the tables.
Other than that I would give this restaurant 5 stars for quality vs price ratio.