“Really enjoyed.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited as a family of four with a voucher for two courses with coffee which was excellent value.
This is the first time we have been and we loved this place.
The staff were absolutely excellent so friendly and helpful when we asked dishes to be explained. The food was very tasty and enjoyed by all.
Service was excellent and altogether this was the sort of expereince you would like as a family meal out. We will be visiting again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went to this restaurant with a voucher purchased via Amazon. When trying to book at table we were initially informed that it was difficult to provide a table as they were really busy, however, eventually were given a time. On arrival, we found only four other diners and therefore the atmosphere was lacking. The restaurant was very blandly decorated; with white walls broken up by the odd Italian canvas, and the lighting was very bright.

We were given the menus and decided what to order, only to find that one of the starters was not available. It would have been more helpful if this could have been pointed out from the start. The starters were both good and very tasty, although the waiter did try and remove our plates before we had finished eating! We had high expectations for the main course and we decided to pay the extra £5 each for a non-pasta meal. However, truly wished we hadn't, as the salmon selected was not fresh and did not taste very good. The chicken selected by my partner was also not that great. The fresh vegetables were definitely not fresh; I think they were frozen vegetables, and were covered with a very strong cheese. We felt very rushed; as the whole meal only took about 50 minutes despite our best efforts to slow it down. However this was probably a good thing! The coffee was excellent, and probably the best part of our meal.
The restaurant was still only two thirds full by the time we left. Everyone eating seemed to have some kind of voucher, and it does appear that they depend heavily on this kind of inducement to get diners. I am sorry if you feel this is not representative of the normal service, but unfortunately this was our experience on the night.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a meal here last night , really enjoyed it , the waiting staff couldn't do enough for you , so professional and polite food very taste, very clean will eat there again

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I went here last night with a friend as we had a groupon voucher and I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. The decor is clean however it looks a bit cheap with plastic looking vases, fake brickwork wallpaper and mint green table cloths that reminded me of hospitals. There was no aircon so considering the current weather it was quite stuffy. They did have the door open bit unfortunately that meant hearing all the noise from the Wellingborough road including the constant beeping from the crossing just outside the door.

When our drinks arrived there was no ice in them and we noticed it was the same for all the other table. Again not great on a hot day.

I had mussels to start which were actually very nice. They come with dry ciabatta bread though which could have maybe done with some olive oil. My friend had some hot aubergine dish that neither of us liked as it was quite bland.

For mains I had the seafood risotto which again was quite nice but nothing special. It had lots of seafood in it but taste wise wasnt really something I couldn't have made at home. My friend had tortellini which was pretty poor standard for an Italian restaurant. It was like a packet of supermarket pasta and a pot of sauce. She said it didn't taste homemade at all and was so filling so only ate half.

When the waitress came to take our plates rather than just asking if everything was ok she specifically commented on Emma not eating a lot and have her a funny look which was rather uncomfortable.

Overall it wasn't awful but also wasn't anything to shout about. We were given 50% off vouchers at the end if the meal but if I'm honest I probably won't be going back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband chose this restaurant as a surprise for meal to celebrate my birthday. I can only think that those who have given rave reviews do not get out much and certainly have never experienced genuine Italian cooking.
We have recently returned from Italy and the chef would have been drummed out of town if he served food like this.
On entering the restaurant there was no one to greet us and despite having pre booked, we took a seat and were never asked if we had booked ahead.
Firstly we asked for a bottle of Prosecco, they had no chilled bottles unless we would take Rose? Well, OK, Rose is fine, but why wouldn't you have Prosecco chilled?
The menu is limited, but that isn't always a negative if the food is exceptional. I chose the minestrone with allegedly 12 different vegetables, I only counted 4, carrots, beans, celery and tomato (possibly). Disappointing. My husband had the frittata which he said was tasty. These were both served with garlic ciabatta. I would suggest that this was made with 'spread' as opposed to butter or olive oil.
Main courses were mushroom risotto and salmon with tomato and olives. The risotto was OK, nothing special, the salmon was so over cooked it was dry, the waitress did offer to replace it, but my husband didn't want to make a fuss. The potatoes he ordered were not available. The mixed salad consisted of a plate of iceberg lettuce, decorated with a tomato cut into six pieces and a few slices of red pepper.
Part way through the meal, the waitress informed us that the card machine wasn't working so we would need to pay cash! She informed us that there is a Barclays opposite and a Lloyds next door. Surely we should have been told this before we ordered? Luckily we had cash.
I didn't want pudding, however, somehow they had worked out who we were and brought out a portion of Tiramisu with a candle, together with a Limoncello each, which was a nice gesture.
There is something lacking in the atmosphere, it is not a welcoming environment.
I could not recommend and have no intention of returning. Thank goodness we didn't pay full price.

1  Thank Slimfastlady