“Lovely authentic Spanish food in Northampton”
Review of Sol y Luna - CLOSED

Sol y Luna
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small friendly Tapas bar located in Northampton. We have an all Spanish kitchen team to guarantee an authentic taste of Spain! Come over and join us for a drink and maybe one or two of our delicious tapas too. As we are a small venue, we take table reservations as well.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went here last sat for my birthday meal and I was really impressed as it was like eating in Barcelona. Wonderful flavours. There was three in my group and we had six tapas dishes plus bread which was enough. Totally authentic. Also had a jug of sangria and mojitos which where lovely too. Very good value as came to £15 a head. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife took me here for the first time last night. What a great little place this is. Because of the size booking is highly recommended. The service was very friendly and relaxed yet still attentive, it felt you were dining with friends. The food was amazing, looked great and tasted amazing.
This is a real diamond for Northampton to be proud of.

2  Thank garff1e
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Vibrant, and atmospheric this small place is just like a traditional tapas bar in Spain. Excellent food and friendly service. This was the 2nd time I have been and won't be the last.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in here yesterday evening for a drink, and we ended up staying for the evening! The lovely smells coming from the kitchen got the better of us and we ended up ordering the chicken with lemon and rosemary, meatballs and also the spinach and pine nut croquettas from the specials blackboard. All were gorgeous and everything was presented really nicely in little terracotta dishes. Also couldn't fault the service even though it was really busy. The waitresses and barman we're running about but still seemed to always notice us straight away when we wanted a top up. We finished off with their caramel ice cream and a glass of the dessert sherry (recommended by the barman) and they were delicious together! We'll be back!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My partner brought me here for our anniversary meal (29th July), staff were very friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in, with our drink orders taken swiftly. We asked to sit outside, as was still warm and this was arranged quickly.

The menu doesn't have a huge selection of foods although everything sounded delish!
We both settled on the platter (Cheeses, meats, and chorizo) and then chose 3 things each to share as a main, chicken, tomato stew, potatoes, chorizo, prawns and ham with tomato salsa on bread. All of which were presented really well and tasted lovely.

Have rebooked for a member of the families birthday, so shall see you soon!