“Just beautiful”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Just beautiful”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A beautiful park with lots of lovely scenic walks . Has a cafe and ice cream vans , a small bird section and swings for the kids . Nice day out

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Northampton, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“So Tranquil I Moved There! ”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

After 10 years living in Wellingborough and having left Northampton prior it was my daughter who said to me "why don't you find a raid you love and live there".

Instantly I thought of Ardington Road next to Abington Park.

I can't say that I walk in the park every day but I can think of a better stroll with the GF on a Saturday morning with breakfast at the Park Cafe.

A true highlight in Northampton and in the summer when the bands are playing on a Sunday there's nowhere better.

Alberta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“An old haunt revisited.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I used to live near this park and visited it on a daily basis then. After a few years of nothing much happening, the local powers that be seem to be re-investing in the park and trying hard to keep it looking good. It has something for everyone. Large areas to play football. A small bird enclosure walk way. Good cafe. Museum. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Visited May 2014
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best things about Northampton”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This park has always been a lovely place to visit. I used to go with my grandparents, then we took our daughters there, now I often go with my dad. There are aviaries with an assortment of finches, budgies,a chicken or two and some very gaudy peacocks. You can have a decent coffee and a sticky bun at the cafe, or visit the museum-which is well kept and interesting.
There are two lakes, where the ducks will mug you for bread! and plenty of open space to let the dog (or kids!) burn off some energy. The playarea always looks busy, but as a grown up, I'm not allowed on it! When we visited, a traditional travelling funfair was there, and there are many events through the summer months.

Visited June 2014
midlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A bit of Paris in Northampton”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Ok: so still I'm all about exploring Northampton as I previously had no time. My hubby is being dragged along but he seriously doesn't mind once he can have some Icecream or find pastries. I'm still trying to pursuade grumpy teens to enjoy the outdoors so when we found this park: it ticks a lot of boxes. We love it!

Maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration, but it reminds me a bit of the parks in Paris. It's multifunctional, has great scenery, it's atmospheric and really easy to get to irregardless of which end of Northampton you're coming from.

For the sporties, there's a tennis court, and running/cycling tracks. Nature lovers will bask in the beauty of the gardens and lakes with ducks to feed. Lil uns can be let loose in the open areas, and there was a funfair there last time I went.
Every Sunday there is live music in the bandstand from 2-4pm and you can sit on the grass and just be...
There's a cafe and some icrecream vans dotted about... You can have a picnic if you like..sit on a bench and people watch or snore...

Lots of dog walkers here too if u like cute little fluffy things...
So yep...on a free weekend, this is such a good hangout spot especially in great weather...

Parking isn't even a hassle: and it's free along the side streets.

Visited May 2014