“A Lovely Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Northampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A Lovely Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Having taken my new ladyfriend to supposedly Northampton's Number One attraction (a cinema), I thought I'd better show her an attraction that would better represent Northampton. Abington Park delivered. It was a gorgeous Sunny day and the park was even better than I remembered... parking's not a problem and free. I took my DSLR camera with me and took my best photo's yet. It's quite a big park and some of the many things to see are the Church, the lakes with plenty of Ducks/Swans, the aviary, the free museum, the awesome Cafe, the tennis courts and bowling greens (if you're feeling sporty), and there are some lovely trees and floral displays. There are a lot of things for the kids to play on too... and plenty of ice cream vans. My only disappointment was that there aren't any rowing boats any more. Even the limited amount of pedalos on a smaller bit of water have a 17 stone limit, so I couldn't go on with my gal.

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Northampton
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Cafe in All saints church”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent coffee and warm chocolate twist, whilst watching the world go by in a very good setting. Wonderful.

Northampton, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“I love this park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place will always be the heart of Northampton town for me. Its beautiful and accommodates people across the generations. I've spent many happy days in this park and will continue to do so for many more years to come!

Visited July 2014
Surrey England
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Lovely Park with a Cafe and Caged Birds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been here a few times. You can go and have a nice lunch in the café in the middle of the park and then go for a walk and see the caged birds. Shame they are caged but wonderful to view.

Whittlesey, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I love Abigton Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

i have always loved abington park ever since i was little it still feels the same, the only thing i would ask the council to watch out for are the groups of teenagers which hang around the tennis courts as this can persuade visiters away, but other than that still such a nice place to visit.

Visited October 2013