“Nice hotel, rubbish breakfast”

Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, rubbish breakfast”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The welcome was warm and friendly. Reception staff were polite and very helpful. The rooms were lovely. Breakfast however was an uncomfortable experience - we were left to stand at the 'wait here to be seated' sign for an embarrasingly long time without being acknowledged by the staff, as were all other guests throughout the morning. Once seated we had to ask staff to come and take our order. Then during the course of the meal there was no coffee (twice), then no spoons, no plates, no juice glasses, no bread. You shouldn't have to keep asking staff for stuff they've run out of. The hotel was lovely, but the breakfast experience put a right dampner on the start to our family day out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Mel D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am happy your experience with Premier Inn was satisfactory.
I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered in the adjoining restaurant. Your feedback is very important to us and it gives us the opportunity to work on with the pub management in ensuring this issues raised won't be repeating.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Gabriela Pates

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We were going to a wedding and stayed at Premier Inn in Northampton and Manchester. These hotels are excellent value and have wonderful staff. We had really good food in the restaurants next to the hotel and great breakfasts. We will certainly stay in Premier Inns again. The staff were very helpful and provided us with an iron and ironing board when requested, We always try to stay in Premier Inns when going on holiday as it gets the holiday off to a relaxing start. We could recommend these hotels to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Irene G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you had a great experience in our Premier Inns and I am delighted to read your kind praises. Your feedback is very important to us and I will pass your compliments onto my team and onto the pub team.

Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed at this premier inn after reading reviews on trip advisor, who i always check before booking accommodation.
The location was very good, the young lady who greeted us on reception was 1st class & 10 out of 10 for all her help - i think it was Jackie ??.
The room was nice and quiet, and bathroom was nice & clean.
I had a premier inn breakfast, which was nice, and the wife a continental one which was "ok" .
We did eat there in the evening and the meals were ok , but nothing special.
But overall a very nice place to stay, and easy to find

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Nera B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road.

I am pleased you had a great stay with us and we haven't disappointed your expectations.
I will pass on your compliments onto Jackie, our housekeeping team and the pub.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Clean rooms, incredibly helpful and friendly staff. A special thanks to kirtsty for helping me get a shirt cleaned when I was in desperate need. Will no doubt be saying here again, and I can defiantly reccomend the place!

• Stayed August 2012
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Milesgp,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Here at premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd, we always do our best to ensure each and every guest is looked after. I am delighted you had a great stay with us and I would like to thank you for your kind compliments.

Be rest assured I will pass your compliments onto Kirsty and the rest of the team.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had a family christening nearby so we all descended from various parts of the country. The hotel is really good - clean, quiet, really good value for money and super helpful staff.
The restaurant/pub next door however is dire. The staff are OK but the food is nasty - cheap ingredients, badly cooked and erratically served. I love my food and clear my plate in most circumstances...but couldn't manage it here. The sirloin steak was overcooked and like eating an old shoe. The breakfast next morning was like prison food. And they committed the cardinal sin of using yesterdays coffee pots for today's tea and hot water. Unforgivable in my book.On the positive side there was yeo valley yoghurt, a good selection of cereals, unlimited fruit juice and fresh fruit - basically the stuff that didn't need cooking!
I'd go back but eat somewhere else.

Room Tip: They're all good. Keep away from the fire doors though as they do clunk a bit in the night.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. Thank you also for your comments regarding the adjoining restaurant. This is not a Whitbread run establishment, but we will ensure that your feedback is passed to the company responsible for this establishment.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I cannot sing the praises of the staff at this hotel highly enough! They did everything they possibly could to help us out from the minute we walked in the door. Jackie specifically was excellent! Thank you so much x x

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jo-Elle B,

Thank you for the kind compliments. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay and you have been looked after thorough your stay with us.

I will pass your compliments onto Jackie and we all look forward welcoming you back.

london
Reviewed 25 July 2012

stayed here for a weekend getaway with the wife, recieved brilliant customer service from thier employee aisha, who practically bent over backwards to make me and my pregnant wife feel welcomed! i really appreciated it and look foreward to our return with the new born soon! the hotel itself is contemporary, clean and close to local city links.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear terraki a,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted you had a lovely stay with us and I shall pass your compliments onto Aisha.

We look forward welcoming you back, together with the new born.