Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 15 April 2013

First time staying here and I'd recommend it to anyone, and I'd defiantly stay here again.

When I arrived, the lady at reception was very helpful and pleasant, which was a nice start. Room was very big, which was a bonus, bathroom was also a nice size, both very clean and modern. The bed was lovely and comfy, I had a great nights sleep. The hotel was very quiet, no noise, not that noise bothers me but it does for others.

The bar and restaurant isn't in the hotel but its literally next door, like 10 seconds away. Very friendly bar staff, nice place. Food was lovely, we had a starter, main and a dessert and all were lovely, all big portions too. The bar shut at 11pm but we was allowed to take some bottles back to our room which was great, as we hadn't finished our night yet. The staff all very helpful.

Can't comment on the big breakfast as we was all still full from the night before but we had the basic breakfast, which was toast, yoghurts, cereal, fruit and other lighter stuff which was all nice, no complaints there, nicely priced too. Staff in the morning all very friendly and helpful again.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, ALL the staff were great and hopefully be able to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear ellieharris04,

Thank you for sharing your experience- your feedback is invaluable to improving the level of comfort and service we provide to our guests.

I am pleased our facilities as well as our team members have contributed towards making your stay a great one and we all look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed at this Premier Inn for one night in March. The rooms are on two floors with parking near the building. The check-in process was smooth and efficient and the rooms were very satisfactory. We asked for quiet rooms at the back of the building overlooking the fields, not the main road, although to be honest there was not that much traffic noise. The following morning we awoke to a couple of inches of snow but reception had very kindly provided an ice-scraper and de-icer spray for our use. We used the adjoining restaurant for breakfast which was good value for money and the manager was very accommodating and friendly, especially as some of the staff had not made it into work due to the snow.
Once again you know what to expect with booking a Premier Inn and we could find no fault with this particular hotel at all.
There are a lot of office buildings surrounding the hotel and not many places to eat. We ate in Northampton at an American themed restaurant called Buddies which was a great experience - the portions are huge!

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the building overlooking the fields are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jimbob2008,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I am pleased we didn't let you down and you enkoyed your stay at our Premier Inn.

We absolutely look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

As a regular business visitor to Premier Inn hotels across the UK I know what to expect from the decor and standard of the rooms. But there is one thing that sets this hotel apart from others and that is the staff who work there. From the lovely friendly reception staff who greet you with a smile every time you speak to them, the hard working housekeepers who not only clean and service the rooms but are happy to supply you with extra tea, coffee and milk if required again with a smile and a kind word. And last but not least the excellent staff in the pub next door who provide efficient service and create a friendly atmosphere. Without exception all the staff here have a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude which makes the stay much more enjoyable. As a former hotel manager I find I am sometimes more critical than I should be but I would have no reservations recomending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area. This may be a chain hotel but the staff are 5*.

Dear hughy66,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I am overjoyed to read such great comments and I will most definitely be sharing them with reception team and also our hard working housekeeping team. Thank you for acknowledging the hard working girls behind the doors who guests don’t usually get to see as much as the reception team.

Thank you again for your great review and we absolutely look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Been staying here for quite a few weeks because of work. Nice rooms, very clean. Best of all is the staff. So welcoming and friendly. Nothing too much trouble for them. All the reception staff are amazing, especially Maxine and Karen who have made me feel like part of a family. Breakfast and evening meal in pub next door good and staff helpful.

Dear alan b,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I am especially excited to hear you found our staff to be our greatest asset as I could not agree more that it is the team in the hotel that makes the hotel experience a great one. I will absolutely share your great comments with both Karen and Maxine (two of our superstars!) as well with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Friendly welcome, clean comfortable room. Great rates. Restaurant next door, again friendly staff and food fine for the price. Comfortable beds. Free wifi for duration of stay rather than 30 mins preferable. Esp as you have been invoiced when you arrive so adding to the bill is a pain.

Dear edwowen ,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It means a lot to us specially coming from such an experienced reviewer like yourself.

We have a great team of individuals who truly want to make people happy and their stay more enjoyable and I am very excited that you experienced that.

We are all looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Have stayed at this hotel at least once a week for the past 11 months, whilst working away on business. The staff are always friendly, welcoming and can't do enough for you. The hotel is quiet (good night guarantee is achievied) and parking is always available. The food in the pub next door is basic, but good value and of a consistantly good standard - staff and service is also very good. I have stayed in a couple of other (larger) Premier Inns in Northampton on odd occasions during the same period. Whilst this Hotel is smaller it suits me and as far as i am concerned it is the best in the area. Thank you and keep up the good standard.

1  Thank Albert33Retford

Dear Albert33Retford,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you keep coming back time and time again. I am also very pleased you find our Premier Inn up to your standards and the team really thrive on reading such great comments.

We are all looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Booked a few nights here as visiting friends. We arrived at a very busy time with a long queue to check in. The receptionist dealt with everyone calmly and efficiently. Unfortunately the room assigned to us was not what we had requested but all was put right without fuss very quickly. Comfortable bed (not always the case). The attached restaurant was very busy and noisy with young children (they have an indoor children's play centre attached). To be fair, they have got areas for adults only. Food adequate but nothing special. Overall, comfortable and would book again when we visit. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Firstly I want to apologise for the room allocation issues. I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and the team and I have taken your comments on board. I am glad things were put right straight away and that this has not affected your stay with us.
Look forward welcoming you back soon.