“Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428”

Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon arrival staff where preoccupied and it took some time for us to get the key to the room, Room clean and tidy, bathroom again clean and tidy except for the shower dripping! Food in the pub was good well priced, service was excellent. Returned to room which we then found to be Noisy, from road and other guests up stairs,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I found the staff at reception both friendly and helpful throughout my stay.
The room was very spacious, but some of the room showed some wear and tear. The bed was comfy but felt pretty high off the ground, and I thought that the duvet was too warm (personal preference I guess). I also felt that the bathroom light was a bit too dim.
The hotel also offer free WiFi for 30 minutes. This is probably throttled to keep bandwidth for paying guests, so don't expect to use NetFlix/NowTV/iPlayer without some buffering.
There weren't any power points by the bedside, and the power point near the television was positioned so that I could not plug in my iPhone charger.
I opted for the £8.95 Premier Inn breakfast - it was overpriced for what I received. Staff were reasonably polite, and speed of service was excellent.
Overall, an excellent hotel, but go elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel ahead of your stay to request a room on the first floor that faces away from the mai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank coss9
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The main disappointment was not having a phone in the room. A little bit pre-historic if you ask me. The window in my room was awful to shut and I was not happy being a young woman on my own in a ground floor room.

Although, Kate at reception was fantastic! I was not very well during my time there, yet Kate was excellent and looked after me by offering advice, filling a hot water bottle up and generally being very kind!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Hayliella,

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry to hear that you were not well during your stay and that you were unhappy with the room you were allocated. We try to allocate single lady upstairs however in rare situations like yours; where we had a full house with a lot of single ladies we could not allocate you an upstairs room. We do apologized for such inconvenience. However we are please to hear that Kate was so helpful, she is an invaluable member of the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at Bedford Road.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What a lovely welcome I got from Karen when I arrived at Premier Inn. I'm not a great traveler and being a lone woman travelling I didn't really want to sit in the pub to eat my tea alone. Karen was extremely welcoming and bent over backwards to help, she very kindly ordered me a takeaway from the pub so I could eat my tea and curl up with a cuppa without having to worry about sitting in a strange place on my own. I can not recommend her more highly, she has made the stay enjoyable. Great asset to the hotel and a wonderful idea to offer this service especially for lone women travelling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Moody_mare_1980

Dear Moody-Mare-1980,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Bedford Road. I will pass on your compliment onto Karen. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent service throughout the hotel and at the pub attached to the hotel really friendly staff a real credit to the hotel, excellent choice of food and a very fast service at the bar good access to the town as well

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Postmannick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Bedford Road. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Kay greeted us with warmth and humour. She provided an extra cup and more coffee etc unasked for a friend who was just waiting for us to change, She booked our taxi and was there to greet us still smiling when we returned from our night out. Made sure we had enough pillows ,beverages etc before bidding us goodnight. Room as expected was comfy and pleasant

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sinejean

Dear Sinejean,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Kate has made your stay special. I will pass on your compliments onto Kate. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband & I stayed that this hotel for one night on the 16th March, and was an excellent find. The hotel staff were so friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was served in the pub next door and was fantastic, and the lady on breakfast duty was so helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We requested a high room which we got and had spectacular views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DebnDek,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope we will see you again in the near future.