“Look no further, stay here!”

Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I only stayed here as the decent hotels in town were all booked up, and I ended up staying for 7 weeks!

Stayed here whilst on a course for work and was literally happy that I'd found this gem! Yes, it's a Premier Inn so we all know what the rooms are going to look like, and yes Lenny Henry will be somewhere in the room staring out at you. But, they're also very spacious, clean, well appointed, well attended and here they are very quiet too (I only stayed in a room on the Lakes side so cant say for the other side of the building)

The staff were just really helpful and friendly. Not just one, but everyone I met, including the sometimes surly cleaning staff.

The location is 5 mins from town and near to a shopping centre and commercial outlet centre. lots of parking, and a Brewers Fayre pub next door and another pub within walking distance that also does decent food. There are lakes to walk/run around amongst grazing sheep. It's also not far from the motorway so easy to find and get in and away from.

If you are staying in Northampton for any reason you should stay here. End of discussion.

I wish some of the 4 star hotels I've stayed in over the years took a leaf out of your book.

Thank you very much to everyone at the hotel who made that 7 weeks that much more bearable. If Premier Inn hand out awards for 'best hotel' or 'best service' you guys should win it hands down

Room Tip: Ask for a lake-side room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Dunna100,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great comments. It was a pleasure to have you with us for a long period of time. Premier Inns is committed in providing the best service and amenities to all our guests and we are very pleased to know that you highly appreciated our location, staffs, rooms and restaurant. I will pass on your compliments onto my team. We hope to welcome you back at Bedford Road.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

In many ways it is just like every other Premier Inn, with a very comfy bed, functional bathroom and, in this case, a TV too small for the room.

What made this for me though were the staff. Really nice welcome and a chatty approach to check in from one member of staff; then the next morning I needed some urgent help to print documents. They were so helpful and when I asked how much I owed them they just asked me to put something in the charity tin (if that had been one of the non-budget chains they would definitely have charged for their own benefit).

So for staff alone they get a 5!

Located a 5 minute drive from Northampton centre. Wifi free for 30 minutes or £3 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Sleep007,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Bedford Road. I am pleased to hear that we have been able to work upon your request. We hope to welcome you back again at Bedford Road.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon arrival staff where preoccupied and it took some time for us to get the key to the room, Room clean and tidy, bathroom again clean and tidy except for the shower dripping! Food in the pub was good well priced, service was excellent. Returned to room which we then found to be Noisy, from road and other guests up stairs,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I found the staff at reception both friendly and helpful throughout my stay.
The room was very spacious, but some of the room showed some wear and tear. The bed was comfy but felt pretty high off the ground, and I thought that the duvet was too warm (personal preference I guess). I also felt that the bathroom light was a bit too dim.
The hotel also offer free WiFi for 30 minutes. This is probably throttled to keep bandwidth for paying guests, so don't expect to use NetFlix/NowTV/iPlayer without some buffering.
There weren't any power points by the bedside, and the power point near the television was positioned so that I could not plug in my iPhone charger.
I opted for the £8.95 Premier Inn breakfast - it was overpriced for what I received. Staff were reasonably polite, and speed of service was excellent.
Overall, an excellent hotel, but go elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel ahead of your stay to request a room on the first floor that faces away from the mai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank coss9
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The main disappointment was not having a phone in the room. A little bit pre-historic if you ask me. The window in my room was awful to shut and I was not happy being a young woman on my own in a ground floor room.

Although, Kate at reception was fantastic! I was not very well during my time there, yet Kate was excellent and looked after me by offering advice, filling a hot water bottle up and generally being very kind!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hayliella,

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry to hear that you were not well during your stay and that you were unhappy with the room you were allocated. We try to allocate single lady upstairs however in rare situations like yours; where we had a full house with a lot of single ladies we could not allocate you an upstairs room. We do apologized for such inconvenience. However we are please to hear that Kate was so helpful, she is an invaluable member of the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at Bedford Road.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What a lovely welcome I got from Karen when I arrived at Premier Inn. I'm not a great traveler and being a lone woman travelling I didn't really want to sit in the pub to eat my tea alone. Karen was extremely welcoming and bent over backwards to help, she very kindly ordered me a takeaway from the pub so I could eat my tea and curl up with a cuppa without having to worry about sitting in a strange place on my own. I can not recommend her more highly, she has made the stay enjoyable. Great asset to the hotel and a wonderful idea to offer this service especially for lone women travelling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Moody_mare_1980

Dear Moody-Mare-1980,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Bedford Road. I will pass on your compliment onto Karen. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent service throughout the hotel and at the pub attached to the hotel really friendly staff a real credit to the hotel, excellent choice of food and a very fast service at the bar good access to the town as well

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Postmannick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Bedford Road. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.