I have eaten there several times with family and friends who live nearby and have never been disappointed. Food is almost always first class and fairly priced.
Hot breakfast is included and cooked to order.
We asked for a room on the back side of the hotel to ensure we were not disturbed by trains and were initially placed in a room whose window was immediately over two large kitchen exhaust fans. No air conditioning so in the night we had to open the window as the room was getting stuffy......the fans were loud and smelly and ran all night.
The staff was happy to move us to a different room the next day. So don't stay in room 10.
We must be spoiled by American beds because we found theirs to be small and hard with very thin mattresses. We hoped the change of rooms might have given us a better bed but no such luck.
This place is also a local pub so good beer and company if you desire.
No gym, pool or elevator and no offer to help with our bags.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully spacious reasonably priced hotel in rural Northamptonshire, near the home of British Grand Prix - Silverstone. Fantastic dining, a relaxed atmosphere and a lively bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Walnut Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Walnut Tree Hotel Northampton
- The Walnut Tree Inn Northampton, Northamptonshire