My decision to stay at The Walnut Tree Inn was something of an impromptu one, taken after previous accommodation was not up to standard.
No such issues here. I had a single room and while it (and the tv!) was small, it was very well decorated, with a clean bathroom and a comfortable bed.
The breakfast was excellent, and while I did not try an evening meal, the food looked and smelled very appealing.
The bar area was very nice, but the real stars of the show are the staff. As a lone traveller it is always nice to be made to feel welcome, and they certainly did that - Laura was particularly good. The locals were also very helpful, mapping out a running route for me (with the beautiful scenery around Blisworth that made the hills slightly less painful).
On my return I took advantage of the free chilled water available to residents and was given a free ticket to the evenings comedy night - wich was excellent.
All in all, I cannot recommend it highly enough, and I am sure I will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully spacious reasonably priced hotel in rural Northamptonshire, near the home of British Grand Prix - Silverstone. Fantastic dining, a relaxed atmosphere and a lively bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Walnut Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Walnut Tree Hotel Northampton
- The Walnut Tree Inn Northampton, Northamptonshire