Visited on a Tuesday evening and had no trouble getting a table for four. Staff were welcoming and attentive, quickly taking our drinks order but allowing us plenty of time to choose from the small but appealing menu.
I had the salmon gravadlax to start, which was beautifully presented with delicate coloured rounds of potato, topped with horseradish mayonnaise. My son and brother chose to share the cold meats platter with artisan breads, pineapple piccalilli and caramelized red onion chutney – there was plenty of variety and they were particularly impressed with the pork rillette.
For my main course I chose the beef liver and bacon with mash, garnished with delicious deep fried sage leaves and crispy onion rings - it was really delicious and excellent value at just £9.50. The others had the cider braised ham, egg and chips, a cheeseburger with chips and salad and the pork belly with peas and bacon – all were declared delicious, although a little mash with the pork belly would have been a welcome addition.
Only one of us could manage dessert and chose the coconut parfait with dark chocolate sauce which he enjoyed, although the richness of the sauce supressed the coconut flavour.
Finished with coffee and port and the whole meal (including drinks) came to £90.00.
This is one of the nicest meals we've had locally - the quality of the food, the use of local ingredients and the service were all first class and we will definately be visiting again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully spacious reasonably priced hotel in rural Northamptonshire, near the home of British Grand Prix - Silverstone. Fantastic dining, a relaxed atmosphere and a lively bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Walnut Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Walnut Tree Hotel Northampton
- The Walnut Tree Inn Northampton, Northamptonshire