I stayed here in June for 1 night on business. My first concern was that the moment I drove up to the hotel I could see it was literally a stone's throw from a railway line. Not just any railway line, but a Virgin express railway line that had trains running all through the night, most frequently every 5-7 minutes.
I have never had such a bad night's sleep in my life. The trains were constant and as I was in room 6, at the front of the hotel, there was no escape. Each time a train pelted past the whole floor would vibrate. Just as I nodded off a train would pass, wake me up, I would nod off again and the whole process continued from the moment I attempted to sleep until I got up at 6.30am. Not ideal when you have a full day of training to deliver the following day.
To compound matters, in my room there was a fire exit sign that was lit up green all night and I constantly felt I was being beamed up it was so bright.
The website for the hotel is very misleading as there is absolutely no mention of the railway line. I am amazed that the TripAdvisor reviews are not worse!! I cannot believe that this hotel would ever attract returning customers.
The staff were all very friendly and the food was average.
Would not recommend to anyone who plans on sleeping here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully spacious reasonably priced hotel in rural Northamptonshire, near the home of British Grand Prix - Silverstone. Fantastic dining, a relaxed atmosphere and a lively bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Walnut Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Walnut Tree Hotel Northampton
- The Walnut Tree Inn Northampton, Northamptonshire