The Walnut Tree Inn
Priceline
  • Pool
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
US$84
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$40
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$74
PremierInn.com
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$107
All reviewsrailway linecomedy nightgrand union canalstation hotelsunday roastthe pubfunction roomwedding breakfastcomfortable roomswedding receptionfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightlovely rooman evening mealwedding partyyogurt
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for just one night. Bit of a job to find after being stuck in traffic but, Excellent room with a really comfy bed. great evening meal outside on the garden, and lovely breakfast.staff very friendly and helpful. Would defiantly stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ferryEngland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Absolutely filthy room and en-suite. The valance sheet around base of bed must have been left unwashed for months..white with dust and covered in stains. Everywhere was just so dusty. The bathroom floor was the dirtiest I've ever seen in a B + B. I wiped my hand across it and it was thick with human hair and dirt..unbelievable.Shower tray filthy and no hot water for showers in the morning..not just our room but others in our group who were staying. The breakfast was average but staff very friendly. Wouldn't recommend or stay here again. Trainline so close and very noisy, all in all a pretty awful place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose room at the back of venue if you must stay here, but then you get all the smells from smoking area and kitchen smells so would avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights this week whilst visiting relatives in the area. The room was well equipped with everything I needed, and the bed was possibly the comfiest I've stayed in! The en-suite was very clean and the shower was lovely. I ate in the bar on one night, and can thoroughly recommend the cider braised ham, egg and chips with pineapple piccalilli! Breakfast was also very good with a good choice of cereals, fruit and a cooked breakfast. The staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcome. There is no denying that the railway line is very close, and I could certainly hear the fast train going by very regularly. However I had a room at the back and I did not find that it disturbed me at all. I slept very well indeed. I would not hesitate to book return stay next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here before and also had my business Christmas party here a couple of years ago. Tonight I called in with my wife and daughter on our way home from the office. What a fantastic experience, friendly staff, great service and the Food was of an exceptionally high std. My daughter requires Gluten Free which was very well catered for. We all had the Pork for a main, looked fabulous, great flavour and the very nice ratatouille that accompanied it was a very nice addition. Only two of us had dessert, the Espresso Brulle, with a clever twist! was a delight, accompanied by freshly
made biscuits., as was the Lime Pannacotts with lightly poached Rhubarb. A spontaneous decision to call in, but we will definitely be back, especially given its proximity to our offices in Collingtree.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After a white water rafting experience we met up for for a stay at the Walnut Tree. Very warm and sultry conditions and a warm welcome on arrival. Rooms were well appointed although those at the front had to contend with some rail noise early on. Lots of atmosphere in the bar which was quite full but no problem. Later in the evening after dinner we returned to the bar where there was live music. Great soundproofing as no hint of the music in the dining room or the bedrooms.
Now to the dinner! The menu looked interesting but often you can be disappointed when the courses arrive. Not in this Inn. All 10 in our party were very happy with their selections and in my case, it has to be one of the best meals I have had at the price. Presentation, quantity and flavour was all there. The lime panacotta, rhubarb compote and ginger slice was a geat end to a meal washed down with the house wine.
We then retired to the bar area to enjoy the final few songs from the band and a nightcap before bed.
You could not fault the breakfast either. Good quality produce well cooked with charming service in the cool dining room where the staff ahd set a table just for our group.
If you find your self going to Northampton or close by and want a night away you will be hard pushed to find a better place. Just ask for a room at the back although the trains don't run all night and our friends with front rooms still had a good sleep.

Room Tip: One at the back
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends