“Excellent”

Brigg, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed one night prior to a day at the Silverstone Rally School, which is about 15 mins away. First impressions were what a lovely village and pretty looking pub. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Loved the big TV. The bed was very comfy with good quality bedding. We had no trouble with wi fi or any noise. In fact it was very quiet in our room.
The pub itself has a great atmosphere and is popular with the locals (always a good sign). The beer was good and the food was first rate, both in the evening and at breakfast. We plan to return.

Visited March 2014

Hythe, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Should've been (and could've been) a five 5 star rating...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed there for one night and the booking process over the phone was nothing but polite and friendly.
Upon arrival the same - in fact nothing was too much trouble. The local beer followed by some excellent food was superb. The mixed grill was excellent with fresh tasty meat and a wonderful take on bubble and squeak. The homemade bread that came out was fantastic as was the homemade pate that I had for a starter. Good sized portions and very tasty - the Aussie chef knows what he's doing with the food. I was there alone on business, so made use of the WiFi and had a couple of pints after dinner and had a chat with the welcoming staff and locals.
The room itself was very well presented, clean, tidy and well appointed.

So why not 5 stars?

The smell from the kitchen filtered out into the bar where I was eating and got to the point where it made my eyes sting. It smeared on my glasses when I tried to clean them....
The room was right next to the kitchen and luckily for me I wasn't in bed before 22:00 because the noise was such that I wouldn't have been able to sleep. Not amazingly obtrusive noise but there all the same. There was no WiFi connection in the room, even on my brand new MacBook. With the complimentary tea and coffee facilities there were some biscuits, but the packet had already been opened by the previous occupants of the room.
Whilst only one of these issues would not have bothered me normally, the cumulative effect gave me a negative feeling of this pub. But it shouldn't have! The staff were great and the food and facilities were good too, so I should be giving it a 5 star rating, however I left thinking that I might try somewhere else near Brackley if I was ever in the area again - which is a shame for what has the potential to be an amazing pub/hotel.

Visited January 2014
Brackley, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent little pub! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We go to this pub in the evenings and it is very cosy! We recently had a function here where we hired 3 of the rooms to have a comedian and disco. Brilliant hosts and great drinks! Could not recommend a better little pub in the area. With the new management the food is exceptional, just what we wanted for our party :) thank you!

Visited January 2014