“Excellent! ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Excellent! ”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Consistently the best restaurant in town. Fresh and very flavoursome, each dish is specially prepared, unlike some of the "one sauce for all" places. Good and attentive service and excellent value too.

1 Thank Max R

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Scrummy”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was a groupon deal that lead me here , I will definitely return .

It was undoubtedly one of the best curries that I have had in a long time .

I especially liked the spinach chicken curry , which was oil free and extremely flavoursome.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the décor very pleasant with the tables well spaced apart .

I would not however recommend the wine , as it was sweet and 7% . it could be that there is a greater selection , as the wine we had was part of the groupon deal .

All I all a very scrummy meal . I would have no hesitation in strongly recommending it .

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Gail C
Manoj S, Owner at Indian Ignite, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Everything is so nice when we get lovely guests and true and honest feedback from you all which gives us impetus to our service and increase morale of our chef to add on in their expertise
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was working in Northampton and whilst out looking for somewhere nice to eat we came across the Indian Ignite. The food and service was excellent as was the recommendations made by the staff. It was so good that we ended up gong back on our last night. Great value and I would highly recommend it especially for vegetarians as there is so much choice. The Potato Vada Pav to start followed by the Indian Ignite Special Stuff Mix was delicious :-)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Neil H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant family meal out ”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Could not of asked for better service, such lovely staff. Amazing quality of food. If you want a superb meal with great value for money be sure to come here!!

1 Thank Kate J
“Anniversary dinner.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband were celebrating our wedding anniversary so came to Northampton for the weekend. On our first night we booked to come here after seeing a groupon deal.

We was greeted with smiling faces and a relaxed atmosphere. The manger (Vish) immediately had us laughing and spent the evening catering to our every need. The new girl not sure what her name was? Was kind and did a good job (well done). We ordered drinks and our food. They brought the free glasses of rose to the table that came with the groupon deal. We tasted it and it was vile tasted like watered down cheap squash. Please do not buy anymore of that rose again it doesn't taste nice! Anyway apart from that hick-up the rest of the evening was extremely pleasant and enjoyable. We were given popadoms with dips while we waited. The mango chutney was nice in flavour but resembled a thin purée, I personally like chunky bits in my chutney so I can see the ingredients and feel the texture in my mouth. The lime pickle was too greasy and the mint sauce was watery and didn't have much flavour.

For starters we were left licking our fingers. I've never had chicken tikka before that was so tender. It was amazing! And even the bed of onions it sat on tasted delicious. The salad dressing was sweet and zingy I wish there was more on the plate.

Mains was the best Indian food I've ever tasted. The lamb curry got all up in my nails but I didn't care coz it gave me an excuse to suck it out. Sorry but that's how nice it was. The Peshwari naan was soft warm and fresh, a good accompaniment to the curries. Chicken curry was soft and juicy and the potatoes has soaked up the curry spice so tasted Devine.

Vish gave us a list if places to visit during our stay and continue making us laugh. I felt he treated us like VIP all night. Very attentive and hospitable. He explained why "Indian Ignite's" curry dishes are different from many. He put it down to the fresh ingredients and differently made base sauces for each curry. Which u can taste. Some restaurants are guilty of using the same base curry paste throughout their dishes, that's why they all taste very similar. But here they take the time to create different pastes for each curry.

We took our time and stayed much longer than we ever had in any other restaurant. That was because we were having fun and was pacing ourselves with the food. We left with overfilled bellies and sore cheeks from laughter. A very good night and very nice staff. I recommend anyone and everyone to try their beautiful and authentic Cusine. 5 stars!

2 Thank Brownsuga1308