“Great Value”

and 1 more site!
Hopping Hare
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Staff were very helpful when we checked in and with room service. Room was spacious, modernly furnished and quiet (despite being above the terrace area at the side of the hotel). Good choice for breakfast and well cooked. Overall, great value for money and will definitely use again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Russ,

Many thanks for your review and I am very pleased that you consider the HH as great value for money and you will use us again.

I am not sure if you dined in our restaurant but hope you can on your next visit. One of our key aspirations is to deliver the very best food offering in Northampton. Our other prime objective is to give excellent customer service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked the Hopping Hare hotel as a surprise birthday treat for my boyfriend. We stayed in room 9, a king size en suite room. On arrival the staff member we checked in with didn't give a single smile, and she had to ask my name a few times. We also asked for a taxi to be booked which she did but still proceeded to get my name completely wrong over the phone. We were given directions to our room but weren't guided there by anyone, and they weren't straightforward corridors.

The room itself was huge, decorated well, and bright. The bathroom was also very nice, modern, and clean. however, we did notice a few stains on the carpet, cobwebs in the windows and a stain on the bed runner. We didn't let this put us off as the rest of the room was homely, and the hotel is furnished to a high standard.

There were several options for breakfast including a full English which we both had. The food was delicious, but again, from a separate lady, no service with a smile.

Overall, a good hotel and we would most likely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirsty086
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Kirsty,

Many thanks for your review.

We have two key targets at the Hopping Hare, to be the best quality food restaurant in Northampton and to give excellent customer service.

I am really pleased that you found the food delicious. We are regularly told that the quality of our food is of two rosette standard.

Generally we get excellent feedback on the friendliness of our staff and our focus on customer service, but I am sorry we have let ourselves down on this occassion. We are in the process of undertaking a refresher course on customer service and I do hope if you can call again you will receive a warm and friendly welcome.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Hotel very nice and room comfortable ,evening dinner very good and plentiful . But breakfast was a let down (toast not properly toasted,runny scrambled egg and looked as if cooked in dirty pan, raw mushroom &warm juices) on our visit. But would stay here again as it,s good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 86Brian
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to you visiting us again.

I am pleased that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that you enjoyed dinner. I believe that we are one of the very best quality restaurants in Northampton and I am regularly told that we are of two rosette standard. We feel we represent ''relaxed dining at its best'' and that we offer excellent value for money.

I am sorry about the quality of breakfast, for which I apologise. We have had excellent reviews on our breakfast in the past but clearly we have been inconsistent and this is an area we will address.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Three of us went today for sunday lunch. Food was exceptional, well cooked and clearly freshly prepared (we all chose the sunday roast) We relaxed in the bar area before and after our meal on the comfy settee and cosy seats. A really good choice of background music added to the overall ambience. The owner was visiting and kindly treated us to a glass of champagne, very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Billie,

Thank you very much for your kind review and we are delighted you and the family enjoyed our Sunday lunch. Our chefs are very talented, we source the finest quality produce from local suppliers and they firmly believe that our Sunday roasts are the best in Northampton. Who am I to disagree??

We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Since burning down & being refurbished the Hopping Hare has improved enormously. With tasteful nic-nacs, motivated service, excellent menu, presentation & flavour and with a really good breakfast for those staying over. I was impressed by the music choice (always tasteful) and the cheerful staff. Simply not what you expect in Duston!

• Stayed: February 2012
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Songmaster,

Thank you very much for submitting a review and I am very pleased you were impressed.

Customer service is our number 1 priority and we believe we offer ''relaxed dining at its best'' with excellent quality food.

We hope that you can call again soon.

PS Duston is OK and greatly improved since the Hopping Hare reopened in 2006!!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I went to stay at the Hopping Hare on the night of the 18th March, Mother's Day. I was there with my wife and several family members for an overnight stay, as somewhat poignantly we were attending my mother-in-laws funeral in Milton Malson the following day. We had had pre-booked a table for 7pm as a number of us had travelled long distances from Northumberland and west Wales. The hotel had been serving meals non-stop from midday, and our fare came at the end of a very long shift for the catering brigade. Not surprisingly, it was a tired and disappointing experience, with cold, stale vegetables, and last, spare cuts of meat. Nevertheless the house manager, Ryan, was quick to exchange our dishes for more acceptable ones when we complained. We have enjoyed our meals here once before, so we wrote this one off. Our king size double rooms were superb, decorated in interesting and subtle colours, spotlessly clean, and with excellent facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful, without being unduely intrusive. Would we stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: The king size doubles are good value and a treat to stay in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jollyrobert
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear JR,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased that you consider our bedrooms to be superb and that they were spotlessly clean. I am also pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Customer service is our number 1 priority and I am pleased that you specifically have mentioned the service you received from Ryan, who is very customer focussed, an excellent member of our team and a great example to others.

I am, however disappointed with the quality of the meal you were served. Our kitchen team are very talented and we only source the very best quality produce and you will see from other reviews that normally we get excellent feedback on the quality of our food. However, on this occassion we did not get it right and I can only apologise.

I do hope you can call again soon and very much hope and expect that we can get every aspect of our customer service spot on.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

What a nice surprise. A reasonably priced meal, lovely surroundings, tasty and well presented food. We have had so many average pub-style meals in the UK so it was nice to have a pleasant surprise. Would recommend for a lunch or dinner.

Stayed: March 2012
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Freet,

I hope this is your name. How great to have a Kiwi visiting us and I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our food offering. We have a very skilled kitchen team and we source from prime suppliers.

Hamilto, Waikato looks a fantastic place.

Happy travelling.

kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#8 of 27 in Northampton

Been to Hopping Hare? Share your experiences!