“Very good.”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Darwen
“Very good.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed here for one night and was impressed. The room was well kitted out with nice décor and a good bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in the room, a big plus point for business travellers like me. I was in room 15 which was a bit on the small side, but as I was travelling alone it wasn't a problem. The bathroom was spacious and had a good shower. Only one bath towel so evening and morning shower with the same towel. I didn't ask for another but I get the feeling it wouldn't have been a problem. Didn't have dinner in the place but it looked good, breakfast was very good. Decent quality food, well prepared. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a very good place and I will be staying again.

Room Tip: Room 15 and 16 are over the late night entry door. Not good for light sleepers as people tend to sla...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Darwen,

Thank you for your kind review.

I hope you can dine with us on your next visit as I am sure you will love our food.

David.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My sister treated me to a nights stay at the Hopping Hare as we were visiting a relative nearby and needed accommodation for the night. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff were lovely, especially the dark haired young lady. My room was spotless, it was on the top floor and nice and quiet (room 17). The bathroom had a shower, plenty of toiletries and towels. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and two packs of biscuits were a nice touch and there were plenty provided. The sheets were excellent quality cotton, there were plenty of hangers, the room was warm and I had no complaints what so ever. The restaurant was very nice, we had light snacks in the evening as we had eaten during the day. Also the wine was reasonably priced and there was a good choice of beers and my nephew had a cocktail which he enjoyed. Breakfast was good, lots of freely available help your self nice coffee, cereal, orange juice, and a choice of cooked breakfast.
Congratulations to the owner, you have got it just right. We will be back.

Room Tip: room 17 is very nice
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Masie,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review.

We do believe we offer excellent value for money and the team really try to give exceptional customer service. They will be delighted with your comments.

Please pass our thanks to your sister for making an excellent choice!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed at here in March 2013, and overall the stay was just 'OK'.
The room was spacious and very nicely decorated, but there was nothing 'overly special' about it which I had expected from the price tag (£85 for one night, single person).
The room had all the expected amenities - TV, hairdryer (attached to desk so you can't steal - nice to know they trust their customers!), one shampoo and one body wash (and my room hadn't been cleaned properly so I got the remanents of someone elses toiletries too!). There's a kettle with 2 teabags (and no more!), coffee and hot chocolate, and the bed is relatively comfy. Iron/ironing boards available upon request.
My room was located on the ground floor which is adjacent to, and below the stairs to all the other bedrooms; consequently there was quite a bit of noise (although I'm a deep sleeper so it didn't bother me that much).
In essence, would recommend for a one-night stay to friends/business, but not for a break or romantic getaway, or those on a budget. The hotel overall isn't worth the stupid price-tag.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Oreo,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am comfortable that our prices are excellent value for money, however we do charge a room rate, whether for single or double occupancy, so I would agree that a couple receive better value. Please note that £15 of the bill represents VAT collected on behalf of HMRC and the rate includes full breakfast. We also offer free parking and free WiFi throughout the building.

At the week-end we offer rooms at £50 for a couple dining in our restaurant and this is very popular and exceptional value for money. This offer is promoted in house and on our website.

COVENTRY UK
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Visited the Hopping Hare for just the one night and the moment we arrived felt extremely comfortable. It is a contemporary place with a heart. The staff were faultless and helpful and the room we had extremely good value for money. The room was clean and everything spotless. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had food second to none (and we have visited many hotels). Because we ate there they deducted money from our actual bill for the room. Altogether an excellent stay and a delight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Lou,

Thank you very much for your kind review. The team understand that excellent customer service is our number one priority and they will be delighted that you have recognised their efforts.

The chefs will also appreciate that you consider the food to be second to none.

I totally agree with you that we are exceptional value for money and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

As Coventry FC supporters we hope they can get out of their current difficulties.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I had arranged to meet an old friend for dinner. A regular occurrence between the two of us. On this occasion my friend had not long moved to the area of Northampton so after having done a little research I reserved a table at the Hopping Hare with the addition of a room for myself. On arrival I was given directions to my room. A very pleasant modern room with bright but well coordinated decor. The meal did not disappoint. The food was excellent as was the service, The restaurant was full and the atmosphere was in high spirit as everyone appeared to be enjoying their experience there. Cant wait to go again and fully recommend the Hopping Hare to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Laynie,

I'm really glad that you can't wait to visit again soon, we can't wait to have you return.

The team are delighted that you found their service and food both excellent. These are our highest priorities.

Also thank you so much for fully recommending The Hopping Hare to everyone.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards.

Worksop
Reviewed 11 March 2013

A lovely place to stay for my daughters 18th birthday. The staff was extremely attentive and none of our requests were too much trouble for them. The rooms were lovely and the bed really comfortable. I booked 5 rooms and all of my family said the same about their rooms. The food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jane s
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Jane,

Thank you very much for your kind review, the team will really appreciate your feedback and compliments.

I am really pleased that you and your family had a great time, particularly on such a special occassion as your daughter's 18th birthday. It is especially warming when someone really enjoys a special occassion at The Hopping Hare.

We hope you can all visit again soon.

Kindest regards

Aylesbury
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My partner and I had a relaxing weekend stay at the Hopping Hare for two nights. On arrival we were greeted kindly and given directions to our room. When we entered our room (number 6), we were pleasantly surprised, as the room looked comfortable and with the usual facilities: tea, coffee, TV and bathroom toiletries. It also has Free wi-fi which we found very handy. The room was clean and tidy and the small extra my partner had asked for had been followed through, with rose petals on the bed to give it a romantic feel as it was our anniversary.

Breakfast was included in our stay and in the morning we made our way to the bar area, to find it empty, with no staff around. We took it upon ourselves to find our way to some laid tables. The waitress finally came and took our order and we attended to our drink requests, the food came promptly and was tasteful.

Overall we were very happy with our stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and would consider returning for another weekend

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Cirkel,

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your possitive comments.

Also pleased that you recommend The Hopping Hare to other travellers.

We look forward to you visiting us again.

Kind regards.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
The Poplars Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Highgate House Hotel
Highgate House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton

Been to Hopping Hare? Share your experiences!