“Great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Sheffield UK
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stopped over for just one night. The hotel was easy to find and there was plenty of car parking. I arrived very late but arrangements had been made for me collect a key and access to the hotel was straightforward. My room was spacious, furnished and decorated in a contemporary style and was spotlessly clean. It was quiet and the bed was particularly comfortable. Breakfast was served in the dining room and in addition to a selection of cereals a full cook to order hot menu was available. Delicious! Such a delight to find a high quality, family owned and operated business. If you're fed up with bland, corporate and impersonal hotels with mediocre service standards then give this one a try. You'll notice a difference.

Room Tip: My comments are based on my stay in room 19
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Gordon and Lynn,

Many thanks for your review.

Really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team are delighted with your positive comments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards, David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed 3 times now. Breakfasts much improved, and staff very accommodating. BUT, when breakfast is from 9am, why is the hoovering started at the same time? All you smell is dust. It is very sad that a good meal is so spoilt. I don't blame the cleaners... Very sweet girls. Please reorganise the time of cleaning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your review.

Good point and we will ensure that cleaning times are changed.

We look forward to your next visit and getting full marks.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent just one night. I got a very tiny room that anyway was ok as I was alone. I had dinner that was good and tasty with a good service. Cleanliness of the rooms and breakfast could be improved.
Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Peik80,

Thanks for your review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed dinner and found the service to be good and that overall your experience was good.

Generally we get excellent feedback on the cleanliness of our rooms and the quality of our breakfasts but I will investigate further.

Kind regards, David
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights. The Friday we ate in the restaurant and the meal was very nice and the service acceptable.

We had room 19 which was well decorated and nice and clean.

Breakfast on the Saturday was straight forward. It was served 9-10.30 so we went down for 9.

As we had a night out Saturday we went a little later Sunday. I'd really advise against this. No orange juice, or glasses, no coffee or cups. We had to ask for coffee and got the reply "well there's a bit left but we could put a new jar on if you want". We asked them to and they did. Some time later the cups arrived. No glasses ever did.

I ordered the full English, without a few bits which they got totally wrong. We ordered toast which didnt find until we re ordered it.

We felt more like an inconvenience to staff than paying customers whose service was valued. It was like the priority was clearing away after the breakfast shift over customer sevice. I'd like to think this a bad day or something but I recall the same last year.

Other niggles, not getting the bill right and applying the special offer discount. And no one on reception when we arrived. Stood there a good five minutes and someone only showed up when we rang them!

• Stayed August 2013
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Nandoland,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meals and appreciated the excellent quality and cleanliness of your room.

As regards breakfast I can assure you that providing excellent customer service is our highest priority and I am sure you will appreciate that with all our 20 bedrooms full and over 40 guests for breakfast the staff were exceptionally busy on Sunday morning. We will of course take on board the points you have made.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the Hopping Hare last week. Bedroom was good and clean but I am not a lover of blinds which never seem to work properly and are a dust trap. Bathroom small but more than adequate with very good towels. Staff were all pleasant.
Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Beware the stairs. If you have mobility problems this may not be the place for you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Eric,

Many thanks for your review.

I guess curtains or blinds are a matter of personal preference. Ours was for blinds as we feel they are more contemporary and we do ensure they work properly and are dusted daily.

We hope you can visit again soon.

Nottingham
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here after the Grand Prix at Silverstone. We were extremely impressed with the location, staff, room, bar area and quality of food.

We checked in around 4pm, then had dinner. The food was very nice, especially the yummy dessert. We had a great nights sleep and breakfast the next day was also delicious.

The room was good quality and the bathroom was lush, it even gave me a few ideas for my bathroom at home I liked it so much.

We had a drink in the bar before bed and the whole place was relaxed yet very efficient.

It was only one night but we had a great stay here and would stay again without a doubt if we are in the area again.

Thank you to all the staff at the Hopping Hare!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Shelly,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for awarding us top marks on all fronts. The team really appreciate it when guests really enjoy themselves and take the time to feed this back to us.

Hopefully you can make it to next year's Grand Prix and we look forward to seeing you then.

Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed at the Hopping Hare for 4 nights to attend the British Grand Prix and booked via late rooms. When booking we asked for the disabled room, but given alternative room . The room itself was beautiful and very comfortable, however all the stairs for my husband with a spinal injury took its toll and getting a large suitcase up the stairs was also hard work. A lift for guests would be a big benefit for this hotel and more accessible rooms would be great.

The staff were friendly, I do agree that a more defined checking should be put in place more hotel guests to save confusion.

Would definately stay at this hotel again in future if the ground floor accessible room was available.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your review and for recommending The Hopping Hare.

I am sorry if there was some confusion over your booking. We have one disabled room on the ground floor and this should have been allocated to you as you had requested.

I really wish you had asked for help with your luggage as our staff would have been absolutely delighted to help. Normally guests are asked when checking in.

However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and if you are going to the Grand Prix next year please book early and request the ground floor room and please ask the Manager on duty to confirm by email. Please also discuss with Dave, General Manager and he will arrange a special treat for you.

Kind regards, David.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15

Been to Hopping Hare? Share your experiences!