All reviewslovely mealmain coursegastro pubhousing estatesunday lunchthree coursesbooked a tablepuddingstaff were attentivefull englishbar areathe ground flooran evening mealcomfy bedcooked breakfastroom was largefollowing morning
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Wanted to book tried 7 times to call just rang......and rang... you need to answer the phone to get a booking... been before and was good but short staffed, took our table of 8 elsewhere.. of course they could have too many customers!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Woody039
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Woody,

It is unfortunate that the phone was not answered as you have commented that we are good. This is a difficult one as our phone lines can be busy and it is also not always possible to answer calls when staff are dealing with customers.

Rooms and tables can both be booked on line via our website and both systems are real time, whereby all available rooms and tables can be booked. Furthermore, our room rates are always cheaper when booking directly, rather than through an agency.

Our staff do fully understand the importance of answering phone calls and always answer calls unless dealing with customers. We do have 3 phone lines as well to help.

It also is always easier during non-peak times.

I do hope this reassures you that we are doing everything realistically possible in this regard as we do give 100% commitment and priority to providing first class customer service.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My wife and I wanted to visit Althrop on the way to a holiday in the lakes and so decided to stay the night nearby. This modern pub/hotel has very friendly and helpful service and the food is more restaurant than pub grub. We chose a suite and it was excellently equipped with a fridge/freezer, microwave and all you would need for a week’s self-catering holiday. If you want to stay near Northampton you could do far worse than stay at this friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs suite
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Singapore1938
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Singapore,

Many thanks for recommending The Hopping Hare to fellow travellers and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do believe we are one if the very best restaurants in the County and we have been awarded 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence. Excellent quality food and first class customer service are our highest priorities and I am pleased we delivered on both.

We look forward to seeing you again, should you need to visit Northampton.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Heard about this Restaurant. All that can be said is must have been chef's night off. Firstly bar staff indifferent, secondly Rose' that cochineal colour that spells cheap early brought on wine. ( No surprise then that it was tart, as was my husbands comment on the Merlot, he rarely comments. Selection was usual choice to be found in many Hotels, with embellished descriptions. Hubby had pheasant middle of the road and he was somewhat surprise, not in the shot he found in the breast but the size of the shot. Shooting is his hobby and his comment the size of the pellet wouldn't take down a pigeon let alone a Pheasant.. Desert ! I was so looking forward to , none available as per the photo's on internet. Treacle tart looking like it had been taken from a foil tray. Treacle tart is a simple dessert. My desert the honeycomb was brought from supermarket or made by trainee the three blackberries were defrosted not fresh, Mousse was tasteless. A child would know the difference. Fire and lounge are comfortable is the most positive comment I can make. My Pet hate mutton dressed up as lamb ! Up market cars in car park do not a quality meal make.
'

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Susan,

I would comment as follows:

We have 9 chefs and our three senior chefs, Head Chef; Senior Sous and Sous Chef have all been excellently trained and have wide experience in fresh food restaurants.
This strength in depth ensures that the top quality of our offer is maintained at all times. We are the only restaurant in Northampton with 2 AA Rosettes.
We source all our produce from the highest quality suppliers and every dish is cooked in-house, with absolutely nothing bought-in.

We have been awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year for the last 6 years. Our staff give 100% commitment to delivering excellent customer service.

It is these factors which stand us head and shoulders above our competitors.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The Hopping Hare offers a comfortable and cosy stay for the weary traveller. Whether it be the downstairs bar and restaurant with its roaring log fire or the recently refurbished and well equipped bedrooms you are in for a comfortable stay The service is excellent and the food was delicious. I tried the "three little pigs" and it was superb. To be offered this quality of food from the hotel a la carte menu was a really pleasant surprise. Would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: There is only one room on the ground floor, room 20, so those who have mobility problems may wish to consider booking this room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kevin,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks, very much appreciated by us all.

Our highest priorities are to serve excellent quality food at great value prices, alongside excellent customer service. Every dish is cooked in-house and we source our produce from the very best suppliers.

We hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We've stayed at this hotel once before and were impressed - hence having no hesitation about booking again. The hotel gave really good personal service, and in particular were extremely flexible and helpful when I had to cancel a booking at the last minute and let me use the money I'd paid up front, against a future stay. They didn't have to do this, and as a small business rather than a huge chain, I was so grateful to them for doing this. We also had the chance to eat in their restaurant this time and weren't disappointed. The food was excellent quality but for me it was he service that really stood out. The young waitress we had had boundless energy and enthusiasm and ensured that we were looked after better than in most restaurant's I've ever visited. I didn't catch her name (possibly Ellie?) , but she had long dark blonde hair and an enthusiasm and commitment to her job that is very rare these days. She is a huge asset to the hotel and I hope she is appreciated by senior management - she really did make a big difference to our experience and even found time to make me an espresso martini on a Saturday night in a very busy restaurant. Great service, lovely room, tasty well cooked food - what more could you want?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Kate,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks. Very much appreciated by us all.

Outstanding customer service and excellent quality food are our highest priorities and I am pleased we delivered in both.

We hope you can stay again soon.