All reviews scotch egg scallops lovely meal housing estate sunday lunch gastro pub main course three courses booked a table fish and chips pudding staff were attentive bar area full english stayed one night the ground floor an evening meal
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst attending the Althorpe Estate food festival, so the Hopping Hare was conveniently located to that glorious venue & event & only just a short, inexpensive taxi ride away.

The Staff were superbly friendly & welcoming, nothing was too much trouble & everyone was really accommodating, attentive & helpful; all round excellent service.

The bedrooms were absolutely spotless & immaculately clean, although the decor was slightly out-dated in colour-combinations & general style; it would definitely benefit from an refurbishment, nothing major, just redecoration & a spruce-up.

Breakfast was served in the bar & was plentiful with a great selection of cereals, yoghurts, juices & the cooked breakfast outstanding, with high-end quality locally sourced farm produce; although I wasn’t too impressed when the Cleaner thoughtlessly disturbed the Sunday morning peace & ambience by hoovering the bar area in & around the Guests.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Navilluso
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Navilluso,

Many thanks for your kind review and I am pleased that we delivered excellent service which is a top priority for us.

We have 2 AA Rosettes and outstanding quality food is our second key priority.

I am sorry for the disturbance on Sunday morning which should not have happened and this will be addressed.

Our Head Chef did a demonstration at the Althorp food festival, which you may have seen.

We look forward to seeing you again next year. Kind regards, David.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

All the staff were very helpful.
Clean tidy,we stayed in a room overlooking extract machinery but firstly on booking were warned it might be noisy between 6.30 to 11 pm but in fact did not annoy us at all.
Dont let it put you off this lovely pub with rooms. Room was lovely,squeaky floorboard but nice comfortable en suite.
Brilliant breakfast, wil be back when we are next in the area.

Room Tip: Ring and ask,sure you will receive good advice
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank brendanbudgen
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Brendan,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks. Very much appreciated by us all.

As The Hopping Hare was previously a manor house, our rooms are of varying sizes, views etc. Full details are on our online booking engine on our website, with guaranteed cheapest rates. We do have 4 rooms inwards facing, one of which you had. Hopefully we will have a king size available for your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you then.

Kind regards, David.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I have to say every time i visit Northampton then this is the place i will eat.
The menu is not your typical pub food it is very modern with twists on traditional food and quite clearly the kitchen staff are restaurant trained.

The food is presented lovely and you really want to eat it, the food we had was all excellent and packed with flavour.

The scotch eggs were sublime with a runny centre, the belly pork melted in your mouth.

If your in Northampton look this pub up but be sure to book.

Well done everyone at the Hopping Hare.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 244suz

Dear 244Suz,

Many thanks for a great review.

You are absolutely spot on. We have a highly skilled and experienced brigade of 8 chefs. Every dish is cooked in house and we source solely on quality criteria from the very best local suppliers. We have 2 AA Rosettes and we are totally committed to delivering outstanding quality food at great value prices.

Please dine with us again soon.

Kind regards, David

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Hopping hare is a lovely country hotel but no lift makes lugging bags up stairs a bit of a chore, however nice spacious room even though the bathroom is very small Breakfast was excellent and a big thank you to the lovely lady who organised for us to have it as soon as we arrived in the dining room as we had to get on the road quite early. Great service.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ariane,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks, very much appreciated by us all.

The team is always very pleased to help with luggage and will always ask if help is required. I do hope the offer of help was not forgotten. Very sincere apologies if it was.

We do hope you can stay with us again.

Kind regards, David.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Upon arrivial myself and my friend were made to feel extremely unwelcome & had no choice but to leave the restaurant and eat else where. As I arrive and entered the bar, I asked the gentleman where me and my friend would be seated and he made a very harsh hand movement ‘shuving’ us into the restaurant. When I then asked if I could be seated in the garden due to the hot weather he then said in an ubrupt tone ‘yes sit wherever’ with this only being my second time at the restaurant ( my first time, being in the winter) I wasn’t aware of where the outside seating area was. With this being a well known establishment I did expect to be shown to the outside eating area. As I stood there, feeling uncomfortable & confused, four of your bar maids stood behind the male waitor sniggering and giggling. This then made me & my frinedb feel even more uncomfortable. After finding our owns seats. We than sat down & spoke about what had happened & how unwelcome we were made to feel. We felt like we had no choice but to take our stuff & eat elsewhere. Maybe somewhere where we would be more welcomed? I am a absolutely astounded by the hospitality shown by your staff and in an high end establishment I’m extremely disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Tayla,

I am very sorry that you felt that you had been unwelcomed and had poor service as the whole team is totally committed to delivering first class customer service and we pride ourselves on delivering this.

I have discussed this with The General Manager and other staff who are hugely surprised and disappointed at your feedback. We do feel we offer ''relaxed dining at its best'' and we can only assume that our warm and relaxed approach has been misinterpreted.

Kind regards