All reviews scotch egg scallops lovely meal housing estate sunday lunch gastro pub main course three courses booked a table fish and chips pudding staff were attentive bar area full english stayed one night the ground floor an evening meal
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I visited The Hopping Hare with my husband and two children only a few weeks ago. When we first arrived we had an incorrect room but this was fixed so quickly and we greatly appreciated the effort gone to by the staff member.

As it was summer, it was hot and a couple of fans were provided - thank you.

The room itself was lovely and comfortable.

Breakfast for the mornings we were there was just as tasty. Good variety but REALLY yummy, especially the eggs. Was a bit hard to wake up before 9am to get downstairs to make it in time for breakfast.

Most importantly, my daughter left a recently purchased toy in the room and Emily was wonderful. She found the toy and posted it halfway around the world to us. I am so grateful to her and the staff for finding the toy.

Would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Paula,

Many thanks for your kind review and for recommending The Hopping Hare. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The team is totally committed to delivering exceptional customer service and the most pleasing reviews are when their efforts are recognised and appreciated. So pleased that your daughter's toy got home safely.

We look forward to seeing you again should you be visiting Northamptonshire.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stayed here after a night at Bletchley Park, before going to Silverstone Classic the next day.

Restaurant - the evening meal was fantastic. Shared bread board to start, the steak was cooked to perfection and I loved my pudding too. Couldn't fault it at all. Our waitress was wonderful, friendly, chatty and energetic.

We had a few drinks after and it was lovely. There were clearly locals coming in too, as well as us overnight guests and we were made to feel very friendly anyway.

Breakfast was lovely, my only issue was I couldn't reach the second coffee jug after the first one ran out which was on top of the machine - but none of the guests seemed bothered to help me either. It's only my partner that drinks coffee, so fortunately he just had instant. Not even an issue, as I found it funny - but just an FYI maybe to staff to keep an eye on the coffee, or perhaps the guests that aren't vertically challenged to help us short people!

Overall it was a wonderful stay, great location, great hosts, and if we were to do Silverstone again next year we'd definitely stay there again!

Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Georgina,

Many thanks for a lovely review and for awarding the team top marks. Very much appreciated by us all.

Outstanding quality food at great value prices, alongside a total commitment to deliver wonderful customer service are our top priorities and thank you for confirming that we are meeting these objectives.

We do hope you will visit again next year and we will keep an eye on the coffee.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We were taken here as a thank you by family, so this is why I didn't complain at the time as it would have been embarrassing to do so.
My mussels as a main course were just about ok. However, far too much cooking water left in the 'sauce' so it tasted just like salty water. I've had much nicer mussels in chain restaurants (Cote Brasserie for example). The tiny bread bun served with it was far too stodgy and solid. IMO it should have been served with French stick.
The puddings sounded lovely, however, the coconut Pana Cotta had zero discernable coconut taste and was far too solid (too much gelatin). Extremely disappointed with my meal overall, it fell far below expectations.
Poor value overall.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Carol,

I am disappointed that your meal fell below your expectations.

We source fresh mussels on a daily basis from Exmouth. Mussels are a wild product, they are opened and cleaned in house. Absolutely no water is added and the other ingredients are white wine, double cream, garlic and parsley. Similarly, our rye bread rolls are baked in house. It is highly probable that managed house chains use frozen mussels. Clearly personal preferences vary, but what makes us stand head and shoulders above our competitors are a highly experienced, skilled and talented kitchen brigade using the highest quality fresh produce, with every dish prepared and cooked to order.The overall feedback on both dishes has been excellent.

I do believe our offer is great value for top quality food, but I respect your right to disagree.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Went to the Hopping Hare Gardens and was very impressed with their flavoursome Club Sandwich.... best ever !
Staff was very approachable - great team - Well Done.

I have stayed here previously but this was just a catch up with a friend

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheDuke1953
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Duke,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks, very much appreciated by us all.

Great quality food (2 AA Rosettes ) at value prices, alongside excellent customer service are our highest priorities and I am pleased that you have commented on these.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed for 2 nights whilst at a concert at the Northampton Stadium - about a 25 min walk away. Great lunch, great breakfast and comfortable rooms and pleasant staff. Dinner was quite fancy, but not ridiculously priced. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for your kind review and for recommending The Hopping Hare, very much appreciated by us all.

We are one if the very best restaurants in the County and the only restaurant in Northampton with 2 AA Rosettes and the team are 100% committed to delivering first class customer service.

We hope that you enjoyed the concert and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.