All reviews scotch egg scallops lovely meal sunday lunch housing estate gastro pub main course roast beef pudding three courses fish and chips staff were attentive bar area full english stayed one night the ground floor an evening meal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lunch for three was of poor overall quality and quite expensive. Soupof the day was bland and not seasoned at all. Roast beef, described as aged sirloin but it was tasteless, very fatty and obviously pre-sliced from wholsaler. Turkey was similar. Our daughter had sausage and mash which was acceptable but very average and pricey. Server's knowledge of drinks menu was also poor. Really wish we had gone elsewhere.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Clive,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed.

Whilst not complacent, I can give you 100% assurance that our roast beef is aged sirloin, sourced from one of the highest quality suppliers in the County. We are the only 2 AA Rosette restaurant in Northampton, we source produce based on quality criteria and every dish is prepared and cooked in house.

Our offer is to serve excellent quality food at great value prices, along with first class customer service. We are proud to have been inducted into The TripAdvisor Hall of Fame, having been awarded a Certificate of Excellence each year for the last 10 years.

I do hope this addresses some of your concerns. Kind regards, David.

Reviewed 26 November 2018

I stayed at this hotel whilst travelling for work and thought it was lovely. Rooms are nice and clean and the staff are friendly. We also ate at the restaurant and the meal was delicious, if a little pricey.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Dear GG,

Many thanks for your kind review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our priorities are to serve excellent quality food (we are the only restaurant in Northampton with 2 AA Rosettes) alongside first class customer service and I am pleased that we delivered.

We look forward to seeing you again, should you be staying in Northampton.

Reviewed 22 November 2018

I need a 'disabled access' and accessible room plus wet room ... all three present and available without fuss. I felt safe. The bedroom was large, spacious, comfortable and well-thought out. The wet room was fantastic and spacious with grab handles everywhere. The room was completely well appointed. It was the best hotel/restaurant that I have stayed at as a guest in the UK.
The restaurant was fully booked, a large party was celebrating with Sunday lunch. We sat by the fire and talked. My brother and his wife joined us. The happy birthday group drifted away talking of the beautiful meal they had eaten. We were shown to our table and our expectations were heightened. We were not mistaken ... although some dishes had been sold out ...the remaining dishes pleased us all, the freshness, clarity and thought in the preparation was beautiful, the eating fabulous, the portions were ample. We were the 'noisy' table, including the friendly staff in the banter. We apologised for the joyful meal. We chose four different dishes off the menu at each course; it was a wonderful evening with no dissension, much laughter and fantastic food. We all slept well, had breakfast which was fresh, clean tasting, plentiful and filling. We left went to inter my Mother's ashes. The staff at The Hopping Hare were all helpful and did not intrude or hover. In our difficult personal circumstances, the service was exemplary ... when visiting my Aunt and Uncle we shall book in again and again!
As a teenager I used to socialise and drink in The Hopping Hill ...how it has changed!

Room tip: Wet room bedroom on the level, ground floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Invicta CMJ,

Many thanks for your kind review and for all the good things you say about the staff and The Hopping Hare.

Your story is very moving and I empathise with the difficult personal circumstances surrounding your stay with us.

We certainly really enjoy and welcome noisy happy customers and I am delighted that the staff joined in, fun for all concerned.

We very much look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Northampton.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Had a lovely Sunday Roast, The Beef a little fatty for our liking, but I have never eaten any where before, that served Syrup Pudding and Apple Crumble, WITHOUT Custard, I could not believe it when toled they don't do Custard, where does that come from???? very dissapointing, I went without, who wants Ice Cream with Syrup Pudding or Apple Crumble,

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Dear Kbest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am apologise as you were misinformed.

We do indeed make lovely home-made custard which takes about half an hour. We do have several menus and the menus are changed regularly. Usually we serve apple crumble with either home made ice cream or home made custard and these options are equally popular. On this occasion we were serving apple crumble with ice cream.

I hope this is helpful.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Went for Sunday roast, meal in general was fine, vegetables were a little underdone and the roast potatoes looked more like new potatoes than lovely fluffy crispy potatoes.. come on guys, great roasties make or break a roast!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Dear Hotdog,

Many thanks for your review and we will take on board the points you have made.