All reviews scotch egg scallops sunday lunch lovely meal housing estate gastro pub main course roast beef three courses fish and chips pudding full english bar area stayed one night an evening meal comfy bed cooked breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Stopped unplanned on a road trip for the evening and decided to dine. Had not booked but after a short wait they had a table for us. The menu sold us for dinner with interesting flavour combo’s. Went for the Beef with beef fat crumble and the Hake cooked in marmite butter. Well presented and great flavours. Shared the Chef’s Snicker for dessert which was a delight. Service was quick and not in your face which I liked. Will defiantly be planning another road trip soon!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2019

Dear Gareth,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks. Very much appreciated by us all.

Excellent quality food (2 AA Rosettes) at great value prices, along with exceptional customer service are our highest priorities and I am pleased that you have commented on these.

We look forward to many more road trips and many more stop offs at The Hoping Hare.

Reviewed 12 February 2019

I visited the Hopping Hare with a group of friends for some drinks and a meal. We found the food to be good and we were well looked after by the staff. I had previously been to this pub a few years back and it was a much improved experience.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2019

Dear Lawrence,

Many thanks for your kind review.

Our highest priorities are to serve excellent quality food at great value prices, along with first class customer service and I am pleased we delivered on both.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2019

After our return from the funeral everyone decided to freshen up and then meet in the bar for a few drinks. The selection of drinks was excellent and the service of the staff on duty during the evening could not be faulted.All bedrooms were found to be very clean and comfortable. The breakfast menu choice was very good and my choice of the "Full English" could not have been bettered. Even as we settled our accounts before we left the hotel, the morning staff who we had not previously met were just as friendly as their colleagues. We were all impressed with everything the "Hopping Hare" had to offer.
Many Thanks.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Christopher T
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Dear Christopher,

Many thanks for your kind review and for awarding the team top marks, very much appreciated by us all.

I am delighted that you chose to stay at The Hopping Hare on your visit to Northampton and I hope that we brightened up a somewhat sad day. We do have a friendly and welcoming team and members really enjoy helping and looking after our guests and customers.

We very much look forward to looking after you again should you be visiting Northampton.

Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

My husband and I decided to enjoy a nice evening meal out. Having taken the time to dress for the occasion, and looking forward to quite a nice evening, we were met with shoddy service which deteriorated as the evening progressed. I have never before had an evening ruined by the poor service. The detail is probably irrelevant, but I’m pleased to say the poor service was equally distributed between our fellow diners.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Masters2

Dear Masters2,

I have investigated your complaint and understand that there was a mistake made with your order and I sincerely apologise for this mistake., I am also sorry that you consider our efforts to rectify the mistake to be insufficient.

It is one of our highest priorities to deliver exceptional customer service and it is very disappointing that we failed to deliver on this occasion.

I do hope you will dine with us again and I am confident that you will have a far better experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2019

This hotel/pub/restaurant benefits hugely from NOT being a chain - so you feel you are getting a far more individual take on hospitality and service. If you don't need to be in the centre of town, this would be my pick of hotels in Northampton.

I have stayed several times over the last 2 years - with a relatively small number of rooms, it's often fully booked in the week. Rooms have all been comfortable, clean and well-equipped. Being a popular pub/restaurant, it can be a little noisy in the evenings so requesting a room on the upper floors would be my recommendation.

Breakfast is cooked to order (much better than a picked-over buffet) and the restaurant offers good food, fairly priced. You will need to get in your car/take a cab to eat anywhere else.

There are no "fancy" amenities like a gym or spa which means for some people this place will not tick all of the boxes when picking a hotel - however, I would far rather a comfortable and welcoming stay than facilities I invariably never get around to using.

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor are the quietest
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alison V
David G, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Dear Alison,

I really do appreciate your comments as I think you have very accurately described to other travellers what The Hopping Hare has to offer. No swimming pool or gym, but excellent quality food at great value prices (we are the only 2 AA Rosette hotel or restaurant in Northampton) and first class, friendly customer service. Our rooms have comfortable beds, powerful showers and are spotlessly clean and well maintained. Having previously been a manor house our rooms are of varying sizes.

I am very pleased that you are one of our regular guests and we look forward to your next visit..