The Stag
  • Pool
US$99
US$88
Travelocity
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$56
  • Restaurant
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
US$77
US$119
US$62
Priceline
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$105
Priceline
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
All reviewsgroupon dealthe pubchicken currycompetitive pricesmay bank holidayfor sunday lunchpuddingstayed for two nightsstay there againroblandlordlamportmains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've stayed at the Stags Head over the past couple of weeks and would highly recommend it. The food, ales and service are fantastic and the homely rooms well equipped and peaceful, I've slept solidly and comfortably every night despite the room I stayed in being above the pub itself. The free wireless internet connection was really good, much better than you'd find in many of the bigger hotel chains. Really good value and a warm and friendly welcome from Rob and his team mean I'll be staying many more nights in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruffski
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had a very nice stay in this country pub. My room was around at the back hence not facing the road and very quiet. The room was clean, comfortable and warm, and the landlord was very friendly - remarkably so given I arrived at midnight. Wifi worked well and the breakfast in the morning was perfectly suitable. I wish I'd arrived sooner as the pub looked friendly and I'm sure the food would have been good.
As happened with another reviewer, my room didn't have a wardrobe either, but I only stayed one night and it wasn't a problem at all for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

nice local atmosphere friendly staff excellent food room very clean plenty of parking spaces breakfast served by the boss a nice touch on our departure highly recommended will stay again many thanks lovely location

Room Tip: stayed at room 6 garden side of the building very peacefull
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Desperate to break a long car journey, I stumbled upon The Stags Head. I stayed overnight in room 411 - it was very clean, very warm, comfy bed and very good value . Can't give it an excellent rating - only because there was no wardrobe and thankfully I was on my own, as the room is a tad , small double. Oh and ladies with high heels be careful when you are entering or exiting the room after dark as there is a grass verge that you might trip on. The bill of fayre I would describe as gastronomic pub grub - the portions are really enormous. I had the mouthwatering Sunday roast. Rob, hands-on owner, staff Simon and Penny make you feel very welcome. Would I visit again? yes!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My friend and I were lost and stumbled on The Stags Head when tempers were frayed and détente was required. So glad we did - lovely landlord, tasty food and great atmosphere. The landlord sent us on our way refreshed and much cheered. Will go again - next time on purpose!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends