“Not great”

Ranked #328 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Northampton offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Not great”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had lunch here with husband & 2 grandchildren. Welcome good, when sat down we noticed that 3 of the knives were had dried food left on them. The waitress was polite and changed them but her black pizza express tee shirt had short pale hairs all over the front of it. It looked as though she had just come from the hairdresser having had her hair cut - not the best image. Also the wine glasses on tables near us had lots had not been polished properly & were covered in water smears - although clean they don't exactly invite you to drink from them. The french doors & windows at the back of the restaurant were dirt and there were cobwebs above doors. Generally, the whole place looked as though it could do with a thoroughly deep clean & redecoration. Have eaten here before but it has definitely gone downhill. I'm not a moaner nor a perfectionist but when I go to eat anywhere I like the place to look as though it is clean, especially the cutlery. On the PLUS side, the food was good especially the Lemon Torte. Probably wouldn't eat there again & wouldn't recommend it unless I could be sure that everything looked much cleaner & cared for.

1 Thank missyblue64

United Kingdom
“Nice meal out”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I have been here on several occasions and each have been a good experience.

Service has always been good and the food is always good quality.

One thing I would like to point out is that the Lasagne (which my wife ordered) is pre-made and not fresh which was a little disappointing considering the price...

I would however recommend this to anybody looking for a nice meal out, espeically if you have tesco vouchers to use or Orange Wednesdays!

u.k
“EXCELLENT MEAL”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a meal before seeing a show at the Derngate we were feeling a bit hungry and noticed a new Restaurant had opened just opposite the theatre, I had a excellent pizza and my partner had an lovely lasagne it was such a big portion she couldn't finish it so I obliged, with a beer and a glass of wine it came to just over £20 which we thought was very good value.
We will certainly go again when next in Northampton.

Kettering, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's getting worse...”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I used to come here with my family a lot, as it was perfect for visiting before the Theatre. However, I am very disappointed with Pizza Express now; whenever we place an order, they never seem to have what we want! For example, I couldn't get the lasagne dish... on a Saturday night! They ran out of lemonade for my brothers as well! Service is average, but I find the pizzas quite bland. Head along to Prezzo for better Pizza (and cheaper prices!)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Em2319
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good service ”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I guess when you to to a large chain restaurant your pretty much playing it safe in terms of food and what to expect etc.. And as usual the grub was good especially when taking advantage of the £14.50 three course meal. Garlic bread with cheese didn't really have any garlic in it, which was a disappointment.

Ramano american hot pizza was lovely as was the fudge cake desert.

What I so find a bit of a lottery when eating at large chain restaurants is the quality service. On this occasion the waiting staff were excellent, attentive and patient. Especially when I changed my order at the last minute (very indecisive)

All in all very good evening and look fwd to visiting again soon.

A