Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Thevtwins
Canvey Island, United Kingdom

Won’t be back in a hurry

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Mar 2024via mobile
When I arrived the man checking me in said the restaurant was open. When I went there at 7:45 I was told unless I had booked the wait would be over an hour for food as a group of people had walked in and ordered starters and mains and they didn’t want to mix the tickets up. I should add the restaurant was empty except for this group of people (8-10). I ended up with a twix bar and water from a vending machine. I didn’t order Ubereats etc, I could have done but was so tired and fed up. Bedroom was basic but clean and I had a good nights sleep when the noise stopped about midnight.

Looking forward to breakfast, I was greeted by a lady who didn’t look at me. I asked if I could have a table away from a large group of children as I needed to make a business call……to be told ‘they won’t hurt you’. She waved her hand to the back of the restaurant. She seemed very distracted and I felt that I was an inconvenience.

The lady that took my order was lovely and very friendly despite the fact that she was working under stressful circumstances and with a not very helpful colleague. The chef was doing his best to keep up with all the orders and the food was nice when I got the right order!

Overall, a disappointing stay, one that I won’t be repeating in a hurry as there are lots of hotels to choose from in Northampton. A real pity because Premier Inns are usually pretty good bets for business trips
Date of stay: March 2024
3.4 miles from Premier Inn Northampton Town Centre Hotel
    £85
4.8 miles from Premier Inn Northampton Town Centre Hotel
View more hotels in Northampton
All reviews thyme restaurant derngate theatre st johns meal deal multi storey car park northampton town centre great stay coffee machine ideal location comfortable bed air con stayed here for one night good nights sleep excellent value for money checking out night's sleep family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2024

Just in the right location. A comfortable night's sleep, a good breakfast and the discounted 24hr car parking in the adjacent multi- storey was a bonus. All was just right with no issues whatsoever. I will choose this Premier Inn for my next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2024 via mobile

Hotel is well placed for the town centre and the staff are lovely. The problem we had was our room was opposite a corridor door and it was constantly being slammed shut, the soft close appeared to not be working. The noise continued throughout the night. Complained to the staff but unfortunately there wasn’t a solution to the problem. If you don’t want this issue do not take room 201 or 202. Breakfast was cooked fresh and was nice. Ash was as helpful as he could be and did say he would report the issue.

Room tip: Avoid rooms 201 and 202
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2024

Great location, local theatres very close by and the town is less than 5mins walk away. Parking very easy next door in the multi story car park. You can get a QR code from reception and it gets you discounted parking in the car park.

Reviewed 15 February 2024 via mobile

Great location for town centre and car park located just over road.
Bit disappointed with check in, when we approached desk, gentleman just ignored us and walked off, so we used the self check-in which was no problem, but we thought it was a bit rude to not even acknowledge us.
We also had the same situation at the bar, as we approached the same gentleman just walked off and left us just standing there. After 15 mins waiting we gave up and went into town centre. Shame really, as hotel is perfect, just that member of staff let it down. I work in customer service and think some re training is required!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WBAhorn
Reviewed 13 February 2024

Staff are so friendly and helpful. I had a very early start on departure and the staff looked after me ensuring I got my taxi safely. Had a brilliant time in the bar. Excellent service and range of drinks. Atmosphere was excellent. Room was clean and comfy as always