PremierInn.com
Abi.Templeton
Croydon, United Kingdom

Amazing staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Mar 2024
I use this hotel regularly when I am in Northampton for work. I have always been warmly welcomed by the staff team and they have always made my stay as comfortable as possible. The food (and drinks!) are high quality and I have never been disappointed. Honestly, the team couldn’t do enough for me, and they are all so friendly and chatty.

The location is perfect if you want to go out for dinner or drinks, and the carpark next to the hotel is great value (around a fiver for an overnight stay)
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Hotel Exterior
    £71
6.4 miles from Premier Inn Northampton Town Centre Hotel
View more hotels in Northampton
All reviews thyme restaurant derngate theatre st johns meal deal multi storey car park northampton town centre great stay coffee machine ideal location comfortable bed air con stayed here for one night good nights sleep excellent value for money checking out night's sleep family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2024 via mobile

Stopped here for one night as we was going round town. The hotel was clean and the beds were comfy. It is ideally placed in the centre and very close to the Derngate. It is very quiet and didn’t hear any doors slam. We didn’t try the restaurant there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2024

happy with the service I received, shame the hotel bummed up the prices for the festival weekend that I attended, the staff did a excellent job, very clean, the outdoor area isn't child friendly, nothing from them to play on

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 March 2024

Probably one of the worst Premier inns I’ve ever stayed in! I was here for 3 nights. The first nights sleep was terrible as there clearly was a maintenance issue with the room as the floor was shaking causing my bed to shake too keeping me up all night. I had no idea what this was and neither did the staff. When I explained the issue in the morning at reception they looked at me very confused and huffed when I wanted to be moved. Who I believe was the deputy manager made a delightful comment to me whilst alone with me in my room to check the noise that it could be the people below “having fun with their toys causing my bed to vibrate”. I very awkwardly laugh it off and hope he leaves my room very quickly. Eventually I was moved only to be put in a room below what sounded like the BFG marching around. I am away on business and am staying in many premier inns as I’m touring the country and this has to be the roughest and worst serviced one. I would avoid unless you want to be kept up all night!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

Certain members of staff are rude.

After a very disturbed night sleep due to neighbouring rooms shouting arguing and screaming and banging I was temporarily moved to a different room which I am very grateful for. However when asking if the room was going to be used by the same people again (the answer was yes) I asked if I could be moved as I couldn’t do another sleepless night with work the next morning, denzil - then laughed and said we’re fully booked whilst walking away. The rudeness is unacceptable. Especially after what occurred the previous night. The police should have been called.

But to be LAUGHED at when asking to move rooms if they were staying there again. It’s just not acceptable.

Reviewed 15 March 2024 via mobile

When I arrived the man checking me in said the restaurant was open. When I went there at 7:45 I was told unless I had booked the wait would be over an hour for food as a group of people had walked in and ordered starters and mains and they didn’t want to mix the tickets up. I should add the restaurant was empty except for this group of people (8-10). I ended up with a twix bar and water from a vending machine. I didn’t order Ubereats etc, I could have done but was so tired and fed up. Bedroom was basic but clean and I had a good nights sleep when the noise stopped about midnight.

Looking forward to breakfast, I was greeted by a lady who didn’t look at me. I asked if I could have a table away from a large group of children as I needed to make a business call……to be told ‘they won’t hurt you’. She waved her hand to the back of the restaurant. She seemed very distracted and I felt that I was an inconvenience.

The lady that took my order was lovely and very friendly despite the fact that she was working under stressful circumstances and with a not very helpful colleague. The chef was doing his best to keep up with all the orders and the food was nice when I got the right order!

Overall, a disappointing stay, one that I won’t be repeating in a hurry as there are lots of hotels to choose from in Northampton. A real pity because Premier Inns are usually pretty good bets for business trips