“Always Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is always freshly cooked, scrumptious and never disappointing. Book early though or you will strucgle to get a table even with the new extension.

1  Thank Mary T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a rainy bank holiday Monday we celebrated hubby's Birthday with a lunch at Les Olives and we were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and polite and give just the right amount of attention. The menu is extensive and we were advised that 2 - 3 dishes each is the usual amount to order, however as lunchtimes are '3 for 2' we may as will go for the 6 dish option - which is what we did. The food was delicious and we tried hard to finish every dish but were just beaten. We chose prawns, lamb, belly pork (which hubby raved about) together with mushrooms, beetroot and sweet potato dishes all washed down with a very nice house red. This was all topped off with a very generous brandy on the house as we could not manage a dessert.
All in all this was a very pleasant experience and we will definitely be back !

1  Thank Cathy_Gary_12
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have never been in such an awful restaurant. The female manager was so unpleasant and rude. I can't believe they still have a business with the way they treat their customers. She was rude to her staff before taking it out on me and my partner when we were not satisfied. Will never go there again, would not recommend this place to anyone.

6  Thank Lily W
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I can only say that if you are looking for good food, this may be the place to come, however you will soon be disappointed by the attitude of the front of house manager, looking at the other reviews on trip advisor... other people have shared the same views!

I think this manager needs to see Gordon Ramsey as I could only compare her to the likes of those who appear on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares!!

3  Thank KNGNPTON
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have visited this restaurant for our anniversary for the last few years. Our last visit was Saturday, 26 April. I had crab cakes to start. I found these to be a little bit 'mushy' and a little tasteless. For my main course I had fillet steak which I requested medium. When it arrived it was more medium rare and although tender and quite tasty it was to my liking. Being a slow eater, it wasn't worth sending it back as my husband would've finished his long before me. For desert I had chocolate fudge cake which was good, although could've done with a little more ice cream as it arrived with just one small scoop.
As for atmosphere, there was a gentleman playing various instruments as background music which was very pleasant.
The young ladies who served us were lovely and smiley and helpful, which makes a big difference to the overall dining experience.
Although I had criticisms about my meal, my husband was happy with his.