“Busy, buzzing place to dine”
Review of The Stuffed Olive

The Stuffed Olive
Ranked #46 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$39 - US$49
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“Busy, buzzing place to dine”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, but service was a bit hit and miss with other tables being given our order, all about young inexperienced staff I think, but soon rectified and pleasantly done! Good atmosphere but quite warm in back so book front tables in warm weather. Nice touch of musician, although bit rowdy by end of evening with group treating it like karaoke, oops that was us!!!

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best Northampton restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was my wife'e birthday and I chose to revisit after a couple of years with our best friends. We had a lovely table by the front open windows. Ideal for a hot summer evening.

Our drinks appeared very quickly as did the free olives and olive bread. Very tasty

We chose three different starters. All were excellent. My only selfish critique was that my fried lambs liver was huge, but oh so tasty. Smaller might have left more room for the main and pud.

We chose four different mains and all were quite magnificent. My choice of the pan fried crayfish and prawns was wonderful. The various herbs, mushrooms and other delicious tastes will stay with me for some time

We all chose sorbet or icecream to finish and clear our palettes.

A great meal in a very crowded attmospheric restaurant.

Go on Northampton make a visit but I think you must prebook well in advance

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank braithwaite12
“Consistently excellent try it”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We visited here sat night. It was busy as usual , we were led to a table near the rear of the restaurant which was very warm, we asked if we could sit nearer the door. We were moved instantly to a lovely table near the bar area. My wife had the tricolour salad which was very tasty, I had the the smoked salmon cocktail, again very fresh an tasty. Main course the stripped beef, mine medium and my wife's very very well done, again both were exactly as ordered. ( miss the dauphinise potatoes, bring them back!). Finished off with the lovely chocolate cake very moist an gooey., nice cold peroni, and well chilled pino . Read some earlier reviews about management bad attitude, not sure what happened there but they couldn't do enough for us even had time for a chat, an most people leaving were treated like old friends. Good service an never left waiting, try it an make sure you book I can't see anyone being disappointed.
A fabulous evening made better by our son secretly pre paying, not even a special occasion he just wanted too :-) wow

2 Thank Ian R
Northampton
“Great restaurant, very lively.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been here for a while but wanted to go somewhere bit special to celebrate my partner getting a new job and we were not disappointed. The menu had change slightly and has a really good choice of dishes, service very good.
It's a place for romantic dinner for two as very buzzy which is great, the only down side is the live music (saxaphone) was a bit over loud which conversation bit difficult
Having said that would go back and recommend.

1 Thank Geoff G
Cheshire
“Mixed Views”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My experience here was of a lovely restaurant with nice staff. A nice place for a meal as a couple or family.

However, myself and my mother-in-law had the paella. It was a bowl of long grain rice with some seafood in it. I complained and the very kind waiter took me into the kitchen, I met the cooks, showed me a bag of arborio rice and I told him I know what it is, but that was not what we were served. I know what paella is and what they served me was not paella. They didn't charge us for it.

I like the place, it's lovely. The rest of the food was good, the service was good, the atmosphere was good, they had a great guitar player etc. it was very nice.

I recommend the place, but not the paella / bowl of expensive yellow long grain rice.

3 Thank CoolRiderUK