Stayed here for our honeymoon which was spoilt by a sub standard evening meal in the Dukes Grill. Had the lobster which was terrible. More meat in the pot which caught it. Complained and the French restaurant manager was very good. The grounds were excellent especially the woods.
If you are going here for a special treat then avoid Friday and Saturday. The hotel is a golfing complex and the atmosphere takes a spiral fall from relaxation to a male jungle where you are measured by the size of your driver. Horrible feel to the place Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Overall Monday to Thursday is fantastic both outside and inside the hotel.
A note of caution. If you intend to use the sauna area take your flipflops as the shower area is disgraceful. Seen cleaner in local swimming pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city for a more tranquil location? Our exclusive rural lodges offer the perfect getaway with some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable. Each lodge and apartment offers a unique slice of luxury. Peace and quiet is guaranteed, as are some fantastic leisure activities for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your QLodges Slaley Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slaley Hall Luxury Hotel Hexham
- QLodges Slaley Hall Hexham, Northumberland