All reviews open plan building work open kitchen the hotel car park building site new owners cheese souffle major refurbishment lovely park three courses street parking top floor market town fantastic meal central location excellent hotel lovely bar
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Just had the most unexpected and delicious end to a busy day, excellent value, wonderful presentation in relaxing surroundings. Great service, arrived late, request for food not only accomadated but beautifully presented with taste to match. Thank you and reccomemded

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The Beaumont Hotel,where do I start,we’ve stayed in cheaper hotels and had better and cleaner rooms,stains on the bedroom ceiling,mould on the bathroom ceiling,no guest fridge,a must in every hotel we’ve stayed in,stairs in the process of being either repaired or upgraded which is one of the first things you see on entering the hotel
It states on the Beaumont web info,parking is available but not bookable and very limited to about 8 ish cars we didn’t find one guest who had actually parked in it,it was always full of workers vehicles.The only place you can park is outside the Beaumont on Beaumont Street which is limited to 2 hours using a time disc.
Obviously the Beaumont is a popular place for people to eat,the restaurant was very full both nights (Friday & Saturday) to the detriment of guests as it’s very noisy.
To round up the staff at the hotel were very polite,helpful and friendly, I think the Beaumont needs to decide whether it’s future is in being an Hotel or a restaurant.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter_naylor
Reviewed 22 October 2017

My family and I visited last night to celebrate my Dad's birthday and everything was wonderful. Staff were incredibly attentive and the food was delicious. I'd highly recommend the ox cheek and chocolate fondant!
My only criticism is that it's really noisy - but if thats the only thing to complain about its not bad going!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Well the old interior has been ripped out and there is a new restaurant (new to us that is ) The rest of the hotel will no doubt catch up in due course.

The menu choices were good and well priced and the atmosphere very good .

The location of the Beaumont is still faultless overlooking the Seal (Park)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017

All the staff were wonderful , which made my mums 70th birthday lunch an absolute treat.A delicous roast dinner in their fabulous new dining room is a must.Roger and his staff made sure that my mum and her guest where looked after thoughout the meal. With prossecco on the house we all felt completely spoilt. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family