“Pool”

De Vere Slaley Hall Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Hexham
More attraction details
Owner description: Not 100, not 500 but 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest play home to this magnificent, elegant Edwardian mansion. That the interiors are almost as dramatic as the exterior says it all. This is very old world grandeur with a modern twist. Bask in the warmth of the reception you receive on arrival, dine at Hadrian's Brasserie, or at the Duke's Grill. Indulge with a vichy water spa treatment or just flop in the fantastic indoor pool. The great outdoors doesn’t get much greater. After a bracing country walk in the wilds, or round on our championship golf course, retire to the Claret Jug and the 19th Bar for a stiff brandy. Surely you deserve it ?
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Shame they have to use the spa for swimming lessons as it makes it feel less exclusive. Would not feel it a relaxing experience with all kids in the pool. Unable to do a length of the pool for all the kids in there. I think children need to learn to swim but not in an exclusive hotel and spa. A bit pricey for the treatments so gave that a miss.

All reviews
"spa break"
"poolside cafe"
"robes and slippers"
in 6 reviews
"neck and shoulder massage"
"high standard"
"mam"
"fridge"
"rounds"

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spar excellent, Hadrian restaurant good, portions on the small side. Setting 4* however the rooms let it down and reception service not good. I expect better from Slaley.

1  Thank Anne010614
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I wasnt very hopeful reading past reviews but I was over the moon with our spa day. The staff were all lovely, you start out in the relaxation room to fill out a spa form then you can use the pool sauna and steam room. There were a few children at the pool but it didnt bother me and under 16s aren't allowed in the jacuzzi. I had a hot stone massage and it was amazing I would definitely recommend it. The whole building is stunning I am definitely making a return visit soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked Slaley Hall for a relaxing one night stay with my partner.
We had a really relaxing time, even though we couldn't get booked in at the spa as they were fully booked.
This did not spoil our time there and we still had a nice time.
We found the 19th bar a really lovely place to sit and relax and have a cocktail !!!!!! The view onto the golf course are amazing !!
Our evening meal was tasty, staff very attentive, all in all a really nice break.
Would recommend !!!