“lovely cafe in Hexham”

The Garden Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Hexham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A lovely café in Hexham dog and children friendly A spacious café allowing dogs and a great childrens area also a promoting family friendly which it was. We had a tea and scone homemade and vey warm a large cup of tea. After spending time in Hexham we deciced to go back at dinner time We had home made soup chunky sandwiches very filling and tasty even the dog was given dog biscuits, lovely staff .

Reviewed 10 September 2013

its busy, its friendly its comfortable, for a drink perhaps not enough, the big tables is more like school when you were at a desk, so if you are looking for just a drink, maybe this isnt the place, but for some food and drink, then why not, the personality of this place is warm

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our regular choice of coffee shop has recently closed down, so we were on the lookout for somewhere new. We recalled coming to this place some time ago, when it was under previous management/name, and decided to have a look and see if it was still there. We were delighted to find that it was, and appeared very welcoming. It is tucked away behind the gaol so you are unlikely to stumble upon it by chance, which is a shame. It was fairly busy when we got there but we were served quickly by a friendly waitress. My mother and I chose a bacon and cheese scone, while my husband opted for a meatball ciabatta. Both options were lovely (had to have a taste of both) and the coffee was presented very prettily. Prices were acceptable, it only costing around £15 for the three of us. I was very pleased to see that it is (well-behaved) dog-friendly and would love to come back with my dogs.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Amongst a large but essentially moribund collection of coffee shops in Hexham the Garden Coffee House has
*excellent young but competent staff
*plenty of seating space inside and out.
*the food is freshly prepared
*the drinks are nicely presented
Best choice in Hexham

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I ate at the garden coffee house simply because it was rated no.1 on trip advisor. I can easily say it does not deserve this rating. The waitresses are polite and attentive but the food was terrible. I had a pea soup and a milkshake. The pea soup was grey and tasted more like yellow split peas. The milkshake wasnt a milkshake but simply flavoured milk. In my opinion if the main food items on the menu are soup and sandwhiches i would make sure this did not occur.