“worth a visit”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worth a visit”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

went here with family with small children
really enjoyed our food
very warm and welcoming
would go again

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Non starter”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Maybe i would have rated this higher if i ever got to visit tried booking with voucher GS cancelled twice then.could not fit me in for three months by which time voucher expired !!!

Visited March 2014
5 Thank yrichie
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Quaint, quirky and quality.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We visited today using a Groupon voucher for 2 people, were greeted as soon as we entered, we were shown to a table and the choices that were available were explained to us. The food was very tasty, hot homemade soup (lentil & bacon), freshly prepared sandwiches, (tuna mayonnaise, BLT) both made with bakery bread, followed by homemade cake, all washed down with tea served in china cups! The food was lovely and well presented and the staff were friendly, attentive and efficient.
This is truly unique "cafe" in a beautiful setting, it is the original station waiting room and ticket office converted to accommodate a tea room but done with such charm that it still retains its original railway station feel. Parking when busy may be an issue but I would suggest that the short walk under the bridge if you cannot park near the cafe is worth it. We visited on a cold overcast day in February, it was still nice and we will definitely be visiting again when the seasons change.
I am pleased that I had not read the previous reviews prior to attending as I could not find fault with the location, quality of food or service.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank TTurk
Northampton, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Lovely.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I loved the idea of a restaurant in an old railway carriage. We called in for lunch. It was a sunny day and we bathed in the sunshine behind the carriage windows. There were books about the area on the tables for us to read. There was a bird table just by the window and I don't think I have ever seen so many birds feeding in the same place before. The lady serving was friendly and the food was great, just a light lunch but perfect!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bellamarguerita
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good afternoon tea”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Took advantage of the Groupon voucher. Service was good, quick and the waitress very polite. It was busy, nearly full, both times I've been. Afternoon tea was good value, good sandwiches and the cake I had was very nice. Coffee comes in a cafetiere, big plus in my books. Chance to see the old station was an added bonus and there is a chance to go for a walk along the old track path.

Visited November 2013