“Really bad”

Wentworth Cafe
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Hexham
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly cafe that prides itself on serving quality coffee, fresh food and amazing service all for excellent value.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have eaten at this cafe a load of times , I ordered fish chips my partner ordered lasagna chips ,the kids had fish fingers chips beans , my chips were rock hard the lasagna came with carrots green beans that's not lasagna ... I left my chips the fish was small and the batter was rock hard it's the worst £26 I've spent the cutlery came with a dirty knife and I used my water and baby wipe to wash it , I'm not the type to complain plus I had children so not nice to make a issue so I took to this ,I am disappointed as I have always enjoyed my meals hear I hope they read this and make sure it doesn't happen as it's a shame as it's allways been a lovely cafe !!!!

9  Thank tinat63

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have lived in the area for over 10 years and not once been before as it looks a little ropy from the outside. However one Saturday I wanted breakfast and walked past and thought I would give it a try.

What a lovely place on the inside. It has nice big tables, genuinely friendly service and lots of newspapers for you to read whilst you wait. You order at the counter and they bring your food back to you at the table.

I ordered scrambled eggs on toast. They were pretty near perfect. Lovely and fluffy but not overdone and with chives put through them. A cup of lovely strong tea and "proper" toast.

I asked the waitress to tell the chef how much I had enjoyed his food and he came out to say thank you which was a really nice touch. He told me the secret of the eggs I had that day is that he had used 4 duck eggs and 2 hens eggs which had made them so beautifully rich.

Great place - just sorry I walked past if for over 10 nears but not any more.......

3  Thank Izzyk
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am a regular diner at this wonderful, friendly café in Hexham. I was feeling a little off colour on Sunday and decided that I could be tempted back into the land of the living by the BEST scrambled eggs I have ever eaten! - it worked too! Try them, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Gayle F
Reviewed 4 May 2014

its been a year since we last called for breakfast on the way to play golf at Hexham Golf Club and the food severed was perfect the service was also excellent keep up the good work see you in August when we next play Hexham

1  Thank David V
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I loved the breakfast so much ,cooked to a high standard we came back to sample the lunch menu . We weren't disappointed fab food , the burger was mouthwatering and the most amazing chips !
A very clean establishment with very pleasant staff .I would highly recommend you visit.