“Brilliant wee place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Hexham
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly cafe that prides itself on serving quality coffee, fresh food and amazing service all for excellent value.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant wee place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a great wee place the staff are brilliant and funny. I use to go in all the time when I lived in hexham everything there is just amazing ! If you're in hexham get yourself there! And michael your scones are electric ;)

1 Thank ilovespongebob93

Morpeth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wentworth Cafe, Hexham Northumberland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and myself dined here on the 15th May 2014 prior to attending an appointment at the towns hospital. The place was scrupulously clean, the food was of excellent quality, and cooked to perfection. Service was very good and staff were pleasant and helpful. Prices too we're very reasonable and the place had a nice atmosphere to it.

We will certainly return to the Wentworth again in the future and would highly recommend this eating establishment.

1 Thank Bob H
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in Hexham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We're fans of a decent cooked breakfast and the Wentworth Cafe certainly serves the best breakfast in Hexham.

Most places think all people want for a cooked breakfast is a mound of fried cheap ingredients, luckily not here. The quality of the sausage is great, and the food is nicely cooked. I'm not sure why this is so hard to find in Hexham but it is. We always use this place for breakfast now.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank longychops
newcastle
“Really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have eaten at this cafe a load of times , I ordered fish chips my partner ordered lasagna chips ,the kids had fish fingers chips beans , my chips were rock hard the lasagna came with carrots green beans that's not lasagna ... I left my chips the fish was small and the batter was rock hard it's the worst £26 I've spent the cutlery came with a dirty knife and I used my water and baby wipe to wash it , I'm not the type to complain plus I had children so not nice to make a issue so I took to this ,I am disappointed as I have always enjoyed my meals hear I hope they read this and make sure it doesn't happen as it's a shame as it's allways been a lovely cafe !!!!

Visited May 2014
9 Thank tinat63
Wall, United Kingdom
“It's what's on the inside that counts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have lived in the area for over 10 years and not once been before as it looks a little ropy from the outside. However one Saturday I wanted breakfast and walked past and thought I would give it a try.

What a lovely place on the inside. It has nice big tables, genuinely friendly service and lots of newspapers for you to read whilst you wait. You order at the counter and they bring your food back to you at the table.

I ordered scrambled eggs on toast. They were pretty near perfect. Lovely and fluffy but not overdone and with chives put through them. A cup of lovely strong tea and "proper" toast.

I asked the waitress to tell the chef how much I had enjoyed his food and he came out to say thank you which was a really nice touch. He told me the secret of the eggs I had that day is that he had used 4 duck eggs and 2 hens eggs which had made them so beautifully rich.

Great place - just sorry I walked past if for over 10 nears but not any more.......

3 Thank Izzyk